How did Anastasia become a children's fairy tale, anyways?

Yes, I've been watching Phelous again.

Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to take the story of a real little girl who was shot to death for political reasons and make a fairy tale-like story of what it would be like if she had somehow escaped that fate?

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    ***princesses!***

Also people weren't sure she died for a while
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    a lot of fairy tales have dark subject matter, really
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yeah, it took a pretty long time for it to be confirmed that the Romanov children had actually been killed, particularly given that it had been done against Lenin's orders and to the utter horror and embarrassment of the Soviet brass.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Anastasia's body wasn't actually found till 2007 (along with her brother Alexei), since their bodies were missing from the original grave. (There were suggestions that it was actually Maria's body that was missing, but there were several indicators to the contrary.)
  • kill living beings
    don bluth is actually a white russian colonel using a false name, and uh, is a zombie let's say.
  • y'know i just realized that one of the possible inspirations/influences on Chaika is the Anastasia legend
  • I thought Anastasia ran off with a Japanese guy and his WACKY band of misfits to go kill a god and stop an apocalypse or three.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

why did you shrink this?
  • Lots of fairy tales are fucked up. There's an archetype among them that involves a king trying to rape his daughter.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

why did you shrink this?
    Because you always criticize me for spending so much time watching Funny YouTube Reviewers

Anonus said:

why did you shrink this?
    Because you always criticize me for spending so much time watching Funny YouTube Reviewers

I'm sorry
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You don't have to apologize
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-02-28 19:31:41
    Jane said:

Bee is that a reference to something

An obscure and extremely weird JRPG.

If you have a PS2 or PS3 around, the first Shadow Hearts game is meh, but the other two are pretty good.  Anastasia joins your party in the second game, and she's basically a blue mage by way of photography.  Also she kills people with a flying clockwork Faberge egg.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
     tsarist propaganda
  • FABERGE EGG'D!!!
  • Apparently they've turned the movie into a Broadway musical, which is HOLY SHIT LEVELS OF SHOCK AND GLEE INDUCING because I love it (and my sister does even more than me)

I'd love to go see it with her, tho I'm disappointed that they took Rasputin and Bartok out
    well it's not as if a stage version of Bartok the Magnificent could do Piloff justice anyway
  • ...I mean Bartok is whatever, but how do you have an Anastasia musical without Rasputin?  He was kiiiinda important to the Romanov drama.