Heapers' Hangout Telegram Group

edited 2017-02-03 12:00:57 in General
So yeah, yet another IM service.

Telegram requires a mobile phone number to sign up but it promises 100% privacy in private chats (which this is not one of but still)
Tagged:

Comments

• ugh, why are there so many different services

why can't we just use like one service
  • Anonus said:

it promises 100% privacy in private chats (which this is not one of but still)

For the record, though it's not necessarily relevant, Telegram's security claims are bullshit. They use a nonstandard (and very bad) crypto protocol they made up themselves, for no good reason.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    singing telegram
  • kill living beings
    so please, do not use telegram to ask me for more plutonium. use a secure medium like messenger pigeon.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

so please, do not use telegram to ask me for more plutonium. use a secure medium like messenger pigeon.

Look at this peasant who thinks that pigeons are secure. The only truly safe messaging service is octopodes and diversionary decoy octopodes.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I mean, even as a bird goddess, you're not exactly wrong...
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    IRC is still cool.
  • kill living beings

Look at this peasant who thinks that pigeons are secure. The only truly safe messaging service is octopodes and diversionary decoy octopodes.
    i only use that for the important stuff, you rube, not this! haven't you ever heard of security through obscurity?? i completely reject these accusations of being a peasant or whatever
  • kill living beings

IRC is still cool.

zia let's be honest with ourselves: irc has never been cool. irc did not have a prom date
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Then how did IRC come first in the International Series of Tubes Relay?
  • singing telegram

y'know

something i never did was to use this to troll

like, buy a singing telegram but have them sing something like "John Brown's Body" or something unusual
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

IRC is still cool.

zia let's be honest with ourselves: irc has never been cool. irc did not have a prom date

Then how did IRC come first in the International Series of Tubes Relay?

Because hackers and wannabe hackers.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Okay yeah I'm a dope
    Yeah I think I'll delete this group
  • sorry about that...-_-
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    signal's the one the cool kids think is actually safe
    Well I was planning on ditching Telegram entirely seeing as how everyone I chat with is sticking to Discord, and had no intention of administrating this group
  • Calica said:

signal's the one the cool kids think is actually safe

what about tox