Parlez-vous D&D?

edited 2012-03-08 01:09:25 in Roleplay & Games
I've had 4e on the brain lately. I ended up playing a one-shot at my FLGS on Monday, which was fun even if it ended in a rather predictable TPK (I was a warlord, everyone else was a wizard, I repeatedly brought them back from the brink of death only to see them eaten by pterodactyls, and then a bunch of guys took turns pummeling my comatose body and took my pet as their totem animal). I think I'll be going back on Saturday, with a pyromaniacal pixie this time (which I was simultaneously startled and delighted to discover is apparently a workable character).

I've had a campaign idea on my mind too (I mentioned it a while ago in the megathread). Before I try that, I've been thinking of running a one-shot on IRC or something just to see how it goes. Mostly because ever since I heard of X-Crawl--modern day, magic is real and dungeon crawling is an extreme sport--I've been in love with the basic idea (the specifics of the setting I don't like that much, from what I've seen), and wanted to try a setup like that as a quick silly game. Possibly with a sponsorship from Andrew Hussie available.

Anyway, yeah. I don't know if it's my favorite roleplaying system, but it's certainly the easiest to get a group together to play, and it's responsible for Spelljammer, and Planescape, which will probably always be two of my favorite things.
Tagged:

Comments