[SPOILERS ARE ALL OVER THIS THREAD. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T BEATEN THE GAME YET, NOR FOR ANYONE WHO'S LOOKING TO ENJOY THE SCENERY.]
* 6 Dracula Relics: Fang, Eye, Nail, Rib, Tooth, Ring (for worst & best endings)
* JB's Bracelet (for best ending)
* MK's Bracelet
* destroy the Evil Hand in Castle Top Floor A (for bad ending)
- JB's Bracelet: in your inventory from the beginning.
- Ring of Vlad: Marble Corridor A, requires Sylph Feather OR Ice Fist OR Griffin's Wing
- Eye of Vlad: Chapel of Dissonance A, requires Sylph Feather (using jump-kick) OR Griffin's Wing
- Fang of Vlad: Clock Tower A, Ball Race Room. requires Lizard Tail which you should have had for a long time already.
- Nail of Vlad: Aqueduct of Dragons A, Gazing Statue Room. requires Sylph Feather
- MK's Bracelet: after the seventh cutscene in Sky Walkway A top left boss room, which in turn happens after defeating Shadow in the corresponding room in Sky Walkway B; requires Crushing Stone
- Heart of Vlad: Sky Walkway B, behind save point. requires Crushing Stone
- Floodgate Key: to get the Griffin's Wing
- Skull Key OR Ice Fist: to get the Crush Boots and the Rib of Vlad No, actually, one can go through the Entrance basement using Crushing Stone and Griffin's Wing instead. But Skull Key is probably more convenient as it's used twice in the route given below.
- Rib of Vlad: Entrance B, above the parade/drawbridge; requires Griffin's Wing and Crush Boots (destroy ceilings). also requires that Giant Bat be dead, to lower the drawbridge
- Destroy the Evil Hand: Castle Top Floor A, at the very top. requires Griffin's Wing and Crush Boots
Here's the route I've sketched out to go through the game pretty smoothly:
0. Start game.
You have JB's Bracelet
1. Entrance A. (If getting Fist, take the second available path upward.) Take the first available path upward. Safety-save if desired. Go right into Marble Corridor A.
2. Skipping the Bat Boss.
In Marble Corridor A, pass Death and go upward. (Go left if getting Ice Book.) Go right. At the next split, go up instead of right (right is to Giant Bat boss who takes forever). Go right in the passage above. At the second big room, (go right if getting Ring of Vlad
), go down to Wailing Way A. Don't get Ice Book, Fist, or Ring of Vlad; we are coming back through Marble Corridor A later anyway.
3. Getting the Lizard Tail.
In Wailing Way A, first big room: left, down, right, down, left, down. Right into Shrine of the Apostates A. Down, all the way left then down, left, top left, down, right to safety-save, left to second cutscene with Maxim and Living Armor boss. Defeat it and get the Lizard Tail
. Go left to return to Entrance A.
4. Go to Chunk 2.
Go "first" up (the same way we went before), safety-save on left, go right to Marble Corridor A, take first down, then right to Room of Illusions A. Linear path to Keyhole Warp #1
5. Get to the Treasury Hub.
Keyhole Warp #1
takes you to Castle Treasury B. At first fork go right. In crystal rooms, right to end of hallway, down, left, down. Let's call this the Treasury Hub, which connects crystal rooms, elevator rooms, Skeleton Den, Luminous Cavern, and furniture room.
6. Find the Sylph Feather in Skeleton Den B.
From the top left side of Treasury Hub, go right and take first down (at the center of the room), then take first left, to Skeleton Den B. In Skeleton Den B, at first fork take left. Linear path to third cutscene, then linear path (can't go up yet) to Skull Knight. Defeat it and get the Sylph Feather
7. Get to Chunk 3.
Go back to the Treasury Hub. After exiting the skull doorway, go straight right into Luminous Caverns B. At first fork, keep going right. Second fork, go right for safety save, down for progress (ignore Golem). Left when the path forks, then linear path to Keyhole Warp #2
8. Get the Night Goggles and get to the Clock Tower.
Keyhole Warp #3
takes you to Sky Walkway A and fourth cutscene. Go right, up, and right. Now you can go down stairs and right to safety save, go up to Chapel of Dissonance A to collect Eye of Vlad
early (but we'll be coming here later anyway), or right to Devil boss. Defeat Devil, get Night Goggles, and go right into Clock Tower A.
9. Defeat Max Slimer and open up all the Circular Warps.
Upon entering Clock Tower A, ignore this First Shaft that you find yourself in, immediately go right all the way (slide under Ruler Sword), then go up this shaft (let's call it the Central Shaft): first right is something to remember but not go to yet, second right is save point, third right is Max Slimer. Defeat it, go up to the top of that last shaft, then left to the fifth cutscene, wherein Death enables all the Circular Warps. Warp to Clock Tower B.
10. Open up the passage to the Ball Race.
In Clock Tower B, return to Central Shaft (dash under Skeleton Blazes), safety-save if desired, take "first" right (remember it?) then down another shaft and right when possible. Wait for green armor to walk over and then bat it for an attempt at a home run that breaks the wall. Let's call this the Batting Cage. Now don't go further: go back to Clock Tower Circular Warp. Warp back to Clock Tower A.
11. Go to the Castle A's ball race to get the Fang.
Return to the Batting Cage in Clock Tower A. The wall should be gone now (you should see an empty room), go down the right side to the bottom of the following shaft. Left is a safety save, down is the Clock Tower A Ball Race Room. Activate the race but do not attempt to race the ball: instead, find a secret passage to slide into somewhere in the left wall. Once you do, drop down and go left into the hidden room, and obtain the Fang of Vlad
. Follow the normal race route back out of the Ball Race Room, return to Central Shaft, take safety save if desired, but go down, then left to exit Clock Tower A to Sky Walkway A.
12. Venture into the Aqueduct of Dragons A to pick up the Nail and open up the gate you need to pass to access the Crushing Stone.
(I think it's possible to get the Crushing Stone without opening up the gate but I think it's faster this way, opening up the gate and then warping to the castle where the Crushing Stone is.) Go left past Devil boss room, drop down, safety-save if desired, go down then left. Equip Night Goggles. Go through Dark Passage to enter Aqueduct of Dragons A. At first fork go right. At second fork, safety save if you want above and left, boss is above and right, but go down. Linear path until you see a woman's head sculpture. In that room, defeat the Boomerang Armor and double-jump into fake wall to get the Nail of Vlad
. Go back the way we came to the "second fork"; now go up. Safety-save if desired, go right to fight Giant Merman. Defeat it and go right to reenter Clock Tower A. Go up to top of shaft and press button to open gate in next room. Go past it, Linear path past pendulums, then go left, back into the bottom of the First Shaft. Go up, and follow the path back to the Central Shaft and then to the Clock Tower Circular Warp. Warp to Clock Tower B.
13. Get the Crushing Stone.
From the warp, safety-save on the way (you won't be able to save for a while), defeat Peeping Big (jump-kicking is quite effective), and navigate back to the First Shaft in Clock Tower B, then go down a little then go right to the pendulums room. Don't go down again yet, but pass the pendulums, and then when the path forks, go left and linear path to a Medicine Jar and whip a mechanism repeatedly to turn a device. Lower it all the way, then backtrack to the beginning of the pendulums where there's a path downward. Get the Crushing Stone