GMH attempts to comment on the winter 2017 seasonal anime chart because boredom

edited 2016-11-05 07:07:11 in General
http://anichart.net/winter

ACCA Jusan-Ku Kansatsu-Ka
just looking at the picture and title: huh?
after reading the description: huh?

AKIBA'S TRIP: THE ANIMATION
just looking at the picture and title: Wait, I know that title, it's that XSEED game that I won't ever play.  Well, actually, the other one, since the first one is Senran Kagura.  Who knows, I might check this out to see how bad it is if I'm bored one day.
after reading the description: I don't feel like read--okay, fine.  The description makes it sound better than my usual opinion of it, in that it actually sounds kinda interesting, despite my having little personal interest in Akihabara.

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen
just looking at the picture and title: ehh, it's okay
after reading the description: meh

BanG Dream!
just looking at the picture and title: looks like a fourteenwings series
after reading the description: so are these characters actually real people with real live concerts?  it's not clear.  though i guess hologram concerts are also possible lol

Chaos;Child
just looking at the picture and title: oh hey look it's another something;somethingelse series.  i have yet to get to Steins;Gate.
after reading the description: looks like a mystery thing.  needs to be well-written to be really my taste.

Chiruran: Nibun no Ichi
just looking at the picture and title: is this some kids action thing?
after reading the description: it's a spinoff.  moving on...

Demi-chan wa Kataritai
just looking at the picture and title: this is a wholly uninformative title and picture.
after reading the description: if this is gentle thoughtful slice-of-life it could explore such themes as racism and discrimination.  if it's just slapstick comedy for the heck of it then no.

Gabriel Dropout
just looking at the picture and title: okay, i guess?
after reading the description: huh???

GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation
just looking at the picture and title: Oh, I guess I can watch this instead of bothering with deciding whether to get the game.
after reading the description: Oh, it's a cellphone game.  I guess I wasn't getting the game anyway.

Hand Shakers
just looking at the picture and title: stupid title, another school series?
after reading the description: so is this going to be a "rebellion against God" story (which would be interesting) or school battle harem story (which is more likely and far less interesting)?

Idol Jihen
just looking at the picture and title: cute, I guess.  maybe another fourteenwings series
after reading the description: that was very uninformative.

Kemono Friends
just looking at the picture and title: I'm going to watch this only if it has to do with wildlife conservation.
after reading the description: Well, that was a surprisingly non-offensive and actually kinda interesting description.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon
just looking at the picture and title: My Little Maid Can't Be A Dragon!?  Well at least she seems to be sassing someone out.  Maids aren't usually my thing though.
after reading the description: Actually kinda interesting.  Also the "normal person" is female so this won't be a dumb romance plot again.  Might actually want to watch it.  Also want to see the dragon-girl sass the fuck out of things.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2
just looking at the picture and title: Well I already decided I wasn't interested in seeing the first KonoSuba.
after reading the description: (no change)

Kuzu no Honkai
just looking at the picture and title: Not particularly informative.  Colorful though.
after reading the description: Intriguing.

Little Witch Academia (TV)
just looking at the picture and title: There was an OVA of this earlier, right?  I'll get around to it at some point.  Would be a smaller commitment than the TV series.

Marginal#4 KISS Kara Tsukuru Big Bang
just looking at the picture and title: a cute guys series.  Probably not my thing?
after reading the description: There is no description!

Masamune-kun no Revenge
just looking at the picture and title: It looks reminiscent of My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute.
after reading the description: romcom.

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-Bu
just looking at the picture and title: I'm not sure what to make of it.  Vaguely similar to Taishou Baseball Girls?
after reading the description: It's about bicycling.

Onihei
just looking at the picture and title: Japanese historical fiction?
after reading the description: Japanese historical fiction.

Piace: Watashi no Italian
just looking at the picture and title: cute cooking series.  Makes me think of Yumemi no Patissierie(sp?)
after reading the description: Like that series, it could be interesting.

Reikenzan: Eichi e no Shikaku
just looking at the picture and title: Japanese historical fiction?
after reading the description: probably Japanese historical fiction?

Rewrite / 2nd Season Moon-Hen/Terra-Hen
just looking at the picture and title: I'll start with the first one, thanks.

Seiren
just looking at the picture and title: Six girls in Japanese school uniforms.  That's all the information I have.
after reading the description: A thoroughly uninformative description.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen
just looking at the picture and title: a deer with no eyes.
after reading the description: a deer with no eyes who is motionless.

SUPER LOVERS 2
just looking at the picture and title: yaoi I guess

Urara Meirochou
just looking at the picture and title: it's colorful, but very Japanese.
after reading the description: a fortune-teller's life story, i guess?

Yowamushi Pedal: NEW GENERATION
just looking at the picture and title: that first series about bicycling

ēlDLIVE
just looking at the picture and title: weird name, attractively colorful cover.
after reading the description: wut, whatever

And since I haven't seen anything this fall, fall leftovers:

3-gatsu no Lion
just looking at the picture and title: no idea
after reading the description: The one way this thing could potentially be my liking is that "drama" tag.

ALL OUT!!
just looking at the picture and title: rugby?
after reading the description: yeah, rugby.

Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans 2
just looking at the picture and title: I've got another Gundam series on tap that I'm more inclined to watch anyway.

Monster Hunter Stories: RIDE ON
just looking at the picture and title: I'm not particularly interested in the Monster Hunter series, and the pic, while kinda cool, doesn't particularly pique my interest.
after reading the description: shounen achievement series I guess?

Pokémon Generations
just looking at the picture and title: Wait, it's called this name this time?
after reading the description: Oh, this is the little recap eps!  I'll watch them for Kanto and after I'm done with my game of Crystal I'll watch them for Johto.  Not going further though.

Tiger Mask W

TRICKSTER: Edogawa Rampo "Shounen Tantei-dan" yori
just looking at the picture and title: possibly cool?
after reading the description: looks like a setup for a mystery drama.

Yasamura Yasashi no Yasashii Seikai
just looking at the picture and title: is this set in Roman times or something?
after reading the description: so basically he's Jesus.

Conclusion:

interested in: Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon
might check out briefly: GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation
outside chance: Kemono Friends, 3-gatsu no Lion, Demi-chan wa Kataritai
partial: Pokémon Generations

Comments

• edited 2016-11-05 06:26:44
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

ACCA Jusan-Ku Kansatsu-Ka

On my list. Most of the staff have worked on one more or more things I already have an interest in.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai
    just looking at the picture and title: this is a wholly uninformative title and picture.
    after reading the description: if this is gentle thoughtful slice-of-life it could explore such themes as racism and discrimination.  if it's just slapstick comedy for the heck of it then no.

Apparently it's more of a sweet, SOL deal, although I can't comment on the comedic elements.

Idol Jihen
    just looking at the picture and title: cute, I guess.  maybe another fourteenwings series
    after reading the description: that was very uninformative.

Also me. Wingsy actually directly pointed it out to me, although as memory serves he was much less excited about it than I was, though that's not surprising.

Kuzu no Honkai
    just looking at the picture and title: Not particularly informative.  Colorful though.
    after reading the description: Intriguing.

It's basically all about very dysfunctional people leading complicated and messy social/romantic/sexual lives. Recommendable though I'm not that far in yet.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon
    just looking at the picture and title: My Little Maid Can't Be A Dragon!?  Well at least she seems to be sassing someone out.  Maids aren't usually my thing though.
    after reading the description: Actually kinda interesting.  Also the "normal person" is female so this won't be a dumb romance plot again.  Might actually want to watch it.  Also want to see the dragon-girl sass the fuck out of things.

Tentatively interested in since months back.

Little Witch Academia (TV)
    just looking at the picture and title: There was an OVA of this earlier, right?  I'll get around to it at some point.  Would be a smaller commitment than the TV series.

Two movies, the second one airing earlier this year, but they're both super short.

Tiger Mask W

It is a show about wrestling. The main person goes under the moniker Tiger Mask. It's kind of weird.
  • Crystal said:

Demi-chan wa Kataritai

Apparently it's more of a sweet, SOL deal, although I can't comment on the comedic elements.
    Okay, maybe that one too then.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    According to someone that I talk to and trust on this, it's more cute and soft instead of skeevy, and the teacher's relationships are nice. I've got it on my reading list for, well, all of these reasons.
  • Crystal said:

According to someone that I talk to and trust on this, it's more cute and soft instead of skeevy, and the teacher's relationships are nice. I've got it on my reading list for, well, all of these reasons.

Wait, reading list?
    Like the list of shows I plan to watch, but for manga.
  • Crystal said:

Like the list of shows I plan to watch, but for manga.

Didn't know it had a manga series.  (Though I don't read manga anyway.)
    Yeah it's just three volumes, so not very intensive, at least.
  • edited 2016-11-05 07:13:18
    Speaking of length, though, I might look into Little Witch Academia more readily given that it's short.
  • edited 2016-11-05 07:21:58
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Honestly I can't recommend it enough, GMH. It's exceedingly cute without being sugary, and the whole power of friendship deal is pretty consistently pleasing. Both films, 26 and 53 minutes respectively, are nothing but, like, simply good fun without being pandering or gross or otherwise compromising what the story is going for. To say nothing of the remarkable animation and solid production. I pretty much wholly recommend positive shows with an endearing cast that doesn't default to fanservice by default, such as with Flying Witch, so that's my tired attempt on selling you on a movies I dig.

Presumably the series will keep to that, not that I don't see why it wouldn't even for Trigger (Space Patrol Luluco hits similar notes and is similarly, on the whole, not gross).