"ABC 360": good name or bad name?

It's the name for a sports-centered cable channel that took over truTV's channel space after ABC Warner was forced to divest ESPN for antitrust reasons. I gave it that name because I thought it sounded appealing and compact. But is it a good name?

I'm wondering if anything else would work. If I should concoct something like I did "Reakt" (which I derived from the Russian word "reaktsiya").
Tagged:

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I think ABC 360 is a fine name
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I was worried about running into confusion with Anderson Cooper 360º on corporate sibling CNN, but I could always make him change his show's name.

And the network (along with the entire ABC Sports unit) uses green as its main color, which I worry would add to confusion with the Xbox 360!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Why would people confuse a TV channel with a game console?
    Because on-air presenters for the network's siblings might just refer to the channel as "360," which in and of itself sounds like a channel position.

(I was thinking of how at some point, the 2012-2014 ABC News channel, ABC News Equator, eventually drops the "ABC News" part from most references, but keeping the "ABC" in "ABC 360" probably makes more sense)
    That didn't really answer my question, I don't think...

Isn't context important?
    Well, yes

I dunno, I just worry that "ABC 360" isn't memorable or catchy, nor is it something ABC can really "own"

Something with a "viv" or "vit" root feels like it would work better, at the risk of sounding ridiculous

But Sony already uses "Vita"
    I'm currently running "wide" and "world" through Google Translate trying to find translations from which to derive names
    I've got it.

ABC Victo!
    (Not "ABC Sports Victo," I want to position the name "Victo" as simple and catchy)
    Cool!
    I'm worried it sounds dumb though.
    It doesn't to me...
  • edited 2016-11-01 20:24:47
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    So yeah, "Victo": good name or bad?

My mother says it sounds too much like "victim"...though I derived it from "victory" (as in "the thrill of")
    She suggested I use "Vik" instead