American "cuisine" is barely worthy of the name

Hamburgers: This is just a specialized type of sandwich

Apple Pie: Oh, so no one would have thought of putting apples in pies without you America? Fuck off

Hot Dogs: This isn't even fucking food, and it's disgusting, and nobody should eat it. 

Steak: You just ran out of ideas, huh

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    "Chinese food" as most of us know it is primarily an American invention, based on some Taiwanese ideas.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The regional foods and the Americanized versions of foreign foods can be good

The pan-American foods are all dreck though. English food gets shit, but Bangers and Mash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hot Dogs
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • kill living beings
    American sandwiches are good though. Like, even beyond burgers, stuff like reubens... yum. Being "just" a sandwich is ok with me.

I had some General Tso today too. Good shit. Would probably be actually good if it hadn't been fast food
    "What if we took a sausage, but ruined it so that it tasted like the pig anus it is and smelled like it too, then covered it in ketchup and mustard to hide how shitty it is?"
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    But pan-American food is ultimately more like pan-European food than English or French or Greek food. And nobody's too keen on blood sausage or pickled fish. It's just that everybody inexplicably has some variant on them. Likewise, the real American food is shoo-fly pie, gumbo, and cheesesteaks with fried onions.
    One of the richest countries in the world thinks taking a hunk of beef and throwing it on a table is fine dining

That's sick
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Counterargument: barbecue.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    CarnEvil said:

Apple Pie: Oh, so no one would have thought of putting apples in pies without you America? Fuck off

Hot Dogs: This isn't even fucking food, and it's disgusting, and nobody should eat it.
    I won't stand for this.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I don't like beef, but you seem to really hate steak
  • edited 2016-10-26 22:57:33
    kill living beings
    So uh how is steak uniquely American
  • I didn't sign up for an account on this website to experience this terrible content
    Keroberos said:

"I like to think of it as a steak. This is a game that's really a steak. It's deep, it's juicy, it's good. And tomorrow, I would love to have another steak. Some games aren't like that. They're much more like candy or cake. Oh, I'll eat cake, and now I'm sick of cake, I don't want it any more. I'm done. Borderlands is such a good game that it doesn't do that. It's got some magic there."

""I enjoy playing WOW, I enjoy playing Lord of the Rings Online. But you know... I'm going to be a bit cheeky now, but if you've been to McDonalds for four or five years, and had your burger and your Coke, sometimes it's great to just have a great steak and a glass of good wine. I think that's what we're trying to do. It's more expensive, it's not for everyone and perhaps it's not as easily accessible as WOW is. But it could be more meaty.""

"I think the PS3 is the Surf 'n Turf. You want the lobster and steak and you're going to give yourself the treat of getting the best thing on the menu. The PS2 is your favorite burger restaurant -- you go there for comfort food and it's just always good and is a good value.

"[As for the other two consoles], one [Wii] is a lollipop, and I'm too old for lollipops. The other one [Xbox 360] I get sick from once in a while because the cook isn't always reliable."

"With Facebook users, we're looking at that and we're seeing amazing things with the casual gaming space. What we're thinking is that some of those players will get tired of that fast food style of gameplay, and they'll want to graduate to something a bit more - whether that's a triple-A PC title or something in between. We know there are new gamers being exposed or created every day based on this social gaming phenomenon and the fact that it's free. It fits another time-niche. We're hoping that people will want to gravitate towards something with a bit more meat on it. You get tired of eating MacDonalds everyday and you want a steak sometimes. We're the steak."

I didn't sign up for an account on this website to experience this terrible content

TSaDZcz.jpg
  • But pan-American food is ultimately more like pan-European food than English or French or Greek food. And nobody's too keen on blood sausage or pickled fish. It's just that everybody inexplicably has some variant on them. Likewise, the real American food is shoo-fly pie, gumbo, and cheesesteaks with fried onions.

it's spelled schufly
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

CarnEvil said:

I won't stand for this.

• CarnEvil said:

Keroberos said:

"I like to think of it as a steak. This is a game that's really a steak. It's deep, it's juicy, it's good. And tomorrow, I would love to have another steak. Some games aren't like that. They're much more like candy or cake. Oh, I'll eat cake, and now I'm sick of cake, I don't want it any more. I'm done. Borderlands is such a good game that it doesn't do that. It's got some magic there."

""I enjoy playing WOW, I enjoy playing Lord of the Rings Online. But you know... I'm going to be a bit cheeky now, but if you've been to McDonalds for four or five years, and had your burger and your Coke, sometimes it's great to just have a great steak and a glass of good wine. I think that's what we're trying to do. It's more expensive, it's not for everyone and perhaps it's not as easily accessible as WOW is. But it could be more meaty.""

"I think the PS3 is the Surf 'n Turf. You want the lobster and steak and you're going to give yourself the treat of getting the best thing on the menu. The PS2 is your favorite burger restaurant -- you go there for comfort food and it's just always good and is a good value.

"[As for the other two consoles], one [Wii] is a lollipop, and I'm too old for lollipops. The other one [Xbox 360] I get sick from once in a while because the cook isn't always reliable."

"With Facebook users, we're looking at that and we're seeing amazing things with the casual gaming space. What we're thinking is that some of those players will get tired of that fast food style of gameplay, and they'll want to graduate to something a bit more - whether that's a triple-A PC title or something in between. We know there are new gamers being exposed or created every day based on this social gaming phenomenon and the fact that it's free. It fits another time-niche. We're hoping that people will want to gravitate towards something with a bit more meat on it. You get tired of eating MacDonalds everyday and you want a steak sometimes. We're the steak."
    isn't this like hating Citizen Kane because everything for a while was known as "the Citizen Kane of [x]"
    No, because the people who say that have generally not seen Citizen Kane and are just aware it's considered the apex of movies
    Incidentally, steak and citizen kane are both things Donald Trump likes
  • kill living beings
    That's still... pretty indirect.

Seriously though, i don't think Americans invented the beef hunk. And i think it's expensive for production reasons
  • I think many people have seen Citizen Kane. I've seen Citizen Kane and I never watch movies. I've seen Citizen Kane twice. You think you know more about Citizen Kane than I do? Well you may be correct, but I've seen it multiple times. Citizen Kane.
    "Rosebud" was his steak
    you take exception to "steak > burger," I take exception to "wine > Fountain Coke"
    I feel like this is if Citizen Kane was the only classic movie people knew

Like it was all Adam Sandler movies and blockbusters, and then the only classy movie they could name would be Citizen Kane
  • Is...is that not the case?

Like I've seen a handful of other classic movies but that's because I had a film class in high school.
    Okay but you can NAME other movies that people think are really good, even if you haven't WATCHED them

Like if I said "The Godfather" or "Vertigo" you would know that is a movie
  • kill living beings
    Is this still the analogy? Because i gotta level with you: i can't remember most terms for fancy food on account of they're French.
    Exactly
  • I genuinely enjoy burgers, hot dogs and steak, and apple pie isn't my favorite but it's not terrible

(as far as steak goes I definitely like Japanese steak more than American steak, though I haven't been to any of the super-fancy places like Ruth's Chris or whatever so I haven't had absolute top-of-the-line American steak)
  • Accoutrement?! What is this fucking bullshit?!
  • kill living beings
    Also, when i see "juicy steak", i think of a King of the Hill joke rather than a restaurant with waiters.
  • Well steak is kinda environmentally unfriendly.

Also steak smells better than it is to eat it.

Also you're neglecting foods such as grits, fried chicken, and key lime pies.
    Two of those three are some good soul food
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Steak isn't really American and it isn't really fine dining. People eat it like that so they can eat the whole animal before it spoils. It's just easy to make and good-tasting in general.

Steak isn't really American and it isn't really fine dining. People eat it like that so they can eat the whole animal before it spoils. It's just easy to make and good-tasting in general.

And it should be treated as such.

Potatoes put on no such airs, and that is why the noble potato is the prince of vegetables
  • edited 2016-10-27 00:59:06
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    What vegetables put on airs? The bok choi?
  • edited 2016-10-27 01:03:37
    American cuisine lacks leafy greens.  And frankly speaking, stereotypical American food, especially "fast" staples like burgers and fries, lack veggies in general.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Not that I don't love potatoes but potatoes are barely vegetables in a culinary sense. They're much closer to bread or rice on the table.
  • kill living beings
    You don't have to be something to be a prince of it. That's politics for you
  • You don't have to be something to be a prince of it. 
  • kill living beings
    Glad you agree, weird painting man
  • edited 2016-10-27 01:16:42
    but you do have to be an Inhabitant of that Food Group for which you shall be chosen

(in addition to having attained the Age of twenty-five Years, and been seven Years a Member of the Category of Food)
    Coronation_Hungary_1916.jpeg
    OvH.jpg

The boy in the first picture is the old man in the second picture
  • this is the best cracked article I've seen in years
  • Fuck your leafy greens.
  • Cajun food.

You're welcome.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

American cuisine lacks leafy greens.  And frankly speaking, stereotypical American food, especially "fast" staples like burgers and fries, lack veggies in general.

you know most places put lettuce and other veggies on burgers, right
  • The typical amount is one or two pieces of lettuce and one or two slices of tomato at a fast-food place.  Maybe add onions for a sit-down restaurant.

If you're lucky or at a dining hall buffet you can get as much lettuce and tomato and onions as you want, and maybe even add caramelized onions and mushrooms to add to it.

Still not that much, and that rather small amount of lettuce is the only part that counts as leafy greens.
  • Keep your greens off of my burgers. >:T