Name a film you saw a little of on TV and were scared by as a kid

Nutty Professor II: The Klumps

You might think I'm joking, but I'm not

Comments

• Cube 2: Hypercube

have I shared this story? My stepdad made me watch it because he thought it would build character.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I think you have

Was he hoping to turn you into the kind of character who knows what a hypercube is?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Not a movie, but the Animorphs pilot and the VHS cover to this one MST3K episode with this tube-faced alien on it.

Not a movie, but the Animorphs pilot and the VHS cover to this one MST3K episode with this tube-faced alien on it.

254 ?
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Ax?
    ^^ Yup! It's... somehow creepier than I thought it would be?
  • CarnEvil said:

I think you have

Was he hoping to turn you into the kind of character who knows what a hypercube is?
    mostly my stepdad was just a giant idiot so I don't know what he thought would happen honestly

In the movie he's just a lame ET ripoff
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    CarnEvil said:

In the movie he's just a lame ET ripoff
    Trumpy is a lame ET ripoff. Trumpy's mom, on the other hand, goes on a rampage that would make some slasher villains say "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn."

Pod People is just baffling in that it tries to be a horror movie and an ET-ripoff "cute boy and his alien" picture, and the two halves just do not fit together at all.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    On topic: scenes from movies I caught on TV, completely devoid of context, that scared me:

The face-melting from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The backstory hanging scene from Once Upon a Time in the West. Perhaps more viscerally wrong to me, than outright scary. Made for a real "Holy crap!" moment when I finally saw the full movie over a decade later.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Pretty sure I saw part of the prom scene from Carrie one time and it damn near traumatized me. Watching it again years later I was actually disappointed by how tame it seemed.

Also, the scene in Batman where The Joker incinerates that one gangster guy. Nowadays that's one of my favorite scenes
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-10-06 01:53:12
    Brave Little Toaster.  Of course it was probably trying to give kids nightmares.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Aliens.
  • kill living beings
    Raggedy Ann & Andy: A Musical Adventure
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Pretty much the entire ending of The Black Hole, but especially the part where they're in Hell for some reason.
  • Indiana Jones and the heart ripping-outing indian caricature man
    Aliroz said:

Aliens.

See, on our... I think it was our twelfth birthday, a friend of mine and I (we were born a day apart) had a sleepover party thing where we marathoned these, and I wasn't scared at all. I had really particular, weird fears as a kid, though, so that's by no means a statement of bravery, just an observation about mental priorities.
  • Alien vs Predator.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    E.T.
  • man I fucking hated ET so much
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    ^scared the snot outta me
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Oh, and while I'm thinking about it: The Wicked Witch of the West melting. Oddly, she didn't scare me all that much otherwise, but that scene creeped me out badly.