Twitter is a net bad thing

The world would be better off without

1. Harassment campaigns

2. People thinking that a screencap of a twitter block is an epic own

3. People posting each other's avatars as an attempted own

4. Twycophants preventing real discussion or thought from happening

5. Gimmick accounts that break character

Comments

• Twitter also literally saved my life, so eh.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    6: The presidential campaign of Donald Trump

Twitter also literally saved my life, so eh.

Okay point
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I've somehow seem number 3 but it honestly sounds really amusing to me, in a simple way.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Twitter would be a better place if they would take the initiative and ban all the damn Nazis :P
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    personally, I just wonder what the people who use spoonerisms to mock people are going to do when glenn greenwald ends up saying something bad
  • Calica said:

personally, I just wonder what the people who use spoonerisms to mock people are going to do when glenn greenwald ends up saying something bad

I thought greenwald was already Problematic

I forget why though
  • Twitter also literally saved my life, so eh.

Wait, what
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

Calica said:

I forget why though
    Didn't it have something to do with Wikileaks? I don't remember much else about it myself.
  • Kexruct said:

Wait, what
    In the boring way. I was really depressed a year and a half ago, I'd just determined I was trans but didn't feel comfortable telling anyone and I felt pretty hopeless both about that and school stuff. Making a Twitter account for "girl me" helped my mental state a whole lot, especially when a few cool people actually followed me. It's kinda dumb but it was a huge part of what got me through the summer (which for various reasons turned out to be even more stressful than the semester before).

In retrospect it's kinda weird how important Twitter was to me for a year or so given how little I actually tweet these days...

Sorry if you were expecting a story about me getting trapped in a supervillain's lair but being rescued because I tweeted about it or something.
  • Nah, 'salright, the boring story is probably better for all involved anyway
  • fun fact: my current Twitter account is actually my second Twitter

can't remember why but I deleted my original one and replaced it, though both were registered under the same handle so it didn't make that big a difference in the grand scheme of things
  • Literally the only thing I've used Twitter for is to ping the bot for the FF5 four job fiesta.

Calica said:

I forget why though
    Everyone is Problematic

Kexruct said:

Wait, what
    In the boring way. I was really depressed a year and a half ago, I'd just determined I was trans but didn't feel comfortable telling anyone and I felt pretty hopeless both about that and school stuff. Making a Twitter account for "girl me" helped my mental state a whole lot, especially when a few cool people actually followed me. It's kinda dumb but it was a huge part of what got me through the summer (which for various reasons turned out to be even more stressful than the semester before).

In retrospect it's kinda weird how important Twitter was to me for a year or so given how little I actually tweet these days...

Sorry if you were expecting a story about me getting trapped in a supervillain's lair but being rescued because I tweeted about it or something.
    Well you're not Ryan North
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    man, ryan north is really tall
  • kill living beings
    he really is

and yet it did him no good.
  • edited 2016-10-01 04:02:03
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Calica said:

man, ryan north is really tall

He's 6'6''.
  • Odradek said:
    Heh, yeah, I was thinking of that story when I said that.