What should air on The WB?

I made up a timeline in which The WB exists, as a broadcast network, into the present day, and has achieved parity with the other Big Five networks - in an era of fragmented viewership, too!

But I don't know what the fuck actually airs on the network now, other than the veteran show Supernatural, the NFC portion of the NFL package (poached from Fox beginning with the 2003 season), and an evening newscast called The WB's Final Edition, which, along with the news department itself, premiered in 2000. There is no morning show, so local stations can air their own local morning shows. There are no shows in daytime, there is no primetime on Saturday evenings, and there might not be any late night offerings on weeknights.

Comments

• There should be, like, a Batman live-action series.

That isn't Gotham.
  • what kind of network do you want it to be
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I think they tried to put one on but they wanted to save Batman for the movies/Batman & Robin had recently happened, and in its place came Smallville.

Also, a dramedy series about Warner Bros. animators!
    Jane said:

what kind of network do you want it to be

I want it to show Fox what a network named after a major film studio should be. I want it to be excellent and to delight the masses. I want everyone to watch it and say "that was the best fucking thing I have ever seen or heard" at least once.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Alduin said:

There should be, like, a Batman live-action series.

That isn't Gotham.
    there is literally a rule that batman's not allowed to appear in DC comic live action TV.  the result is that smallville used the green arrow as basically batman-in-all-but name, and that they have an arrow series with none of the fun hippie stuff

anyways, the flash, and supergirl
    lol WB gonna WB

also shows based on DC properties are good and all but I am straining to come up with things that aren't based on existing properties/the Warner Bros. #brand myself
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    honestly i mostly remember the wb as the tv channel that pokemon aired on
    i mostly remember it as the channel that had the really good cartoons that jamie kellner viciously slaughtered
    his brain overloaded, it was so chocolate-coated...
    also, should The WB have a Today/Good Morning America competitor on the air?

Letting local stations like KTLA and WGN do morning shows gives them a leg up on the Big Three stations and allows WB stations to compete with Fox stations in their markets. But there was a time when Today was making NBC a shitload of money and it's the HOLLYWOOD thing to want in on that big ol' pot of money.
    Also, KTLA and WGN absolutely need to choke the shit out of KTTV and WFLD because it makes me giddy.
  • Calica said:

Alduin said:

That isn't Gotham.
    there is literally a rule that batman's not allowed to appear in DC comic live action TV.

hhhhhhuh?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    My Grievances.
    like what?

Also should I have a late night talk show that airs against the late news on Big Three affiliates?
  • edited 2016-09-29 05:23:57
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Calica said:

Alduin said:

That isn't Gotham.
    there is literally a rule that batman's not allowed to appear in DC comic live action TV.  the result is that smallville used the green arrow as basically batman-in-all-but name, and that they have an arrow series with none of the fun hippie stuff

anyways, the flash, and supergirl
    I suspect this had something to do with WB not actually owning the TV rights to Batman (DC licensed them to Fox years ago, and then the 1960s Batman series itself ended up in limbo because Fox didn't own all of it).
    I don't think that all got sorted out until 2012, when Classic Media (who bought a piece of the show from one of the producers some time before) sold their piece to Fox. (Shortly before CM itself was sold to DreamWorks Animation!)
    As a result the show is now completely jointly owned by Fox and WB/DC.
  • #messy

anyway, this WB should be willing to have given Mission Hill another shot, at least enough to get the last few episodes of Season 1 that were written but never produced done
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Ai To Yuuki Harukanaru Toki No Asobi Ni Iku Ginga Sengoku Ninomiya-kun Rokubou No Shichinin Gensou
    Tre said:

#messy

anyway, this WB should be willing to have given Mission Hill another shot, at least enough to get the last few episodes of Season 1 that were written but never produced done

also maybe Mission Hill should be produced by Warner Bros. and not fucking Castle Rock in this universe
    also this version of The WB's version of The Oblongs ran for nine years
    The WB gave up on adult animation too quickly.

Animation is in WB's BONES. You can't be The Fucking WB without cartoons!
    We'd find ways to make it work. After all, how the fuck else do you beat Fox without beating them at their own fucking game?
    Oh and seeing as how The WB has Fox's piece of the NFL contract, I wouldn't be putting cartoons on Sunday nights. (Also, The WB would do what CBS does, and just delay primetime, not what Fox does and just has football eliminate parts of the lineup)