"Pennsylvania is an okay state to live in"

Comments

• BeeBee
    edited 2016-09-21 19:49:01
    So...they ban the WoW instruction manual?  Or maybe that one comic where Varian went around trying to look better than he really is?  What the fuck other literary supplements does that franchise even have?

Does MTG even have books?
  • kill living beings
    Uh, in what sense are these banned?
  • kill living beings
    Oh, of course, the rightsless population
  • I feel like the actual point of this thread is "prisons are terrible".
  • Bee said:

Does MTG even have books?

Used to. Nowadays the story stuff is all told online.
  • kill living beings
    Jane said:

I feel like the actual point of this thread is "prisons are terrible".

Yeah plus it's way worse in Texas.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it never occurred to me that some books would be banned in prisons

...prison is even worse than I imagined
  • Odradek said:

Play Ryuutama instead
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Here in Virginia, they don't even allow people to send books to inmates; they have to be ordered from a bookstore and drop shipped. 

And yeah, the seemingly arbitrary restrictions are more because prisons are essentially concentration camps now. They lost any pretense of being rehabilitative or fair long ago.
  • Where the hell does D&D advocate insurrection?  It spends entire sections laying out massive penalties and repercussions for playing anyone even vaguely evil.
  • ...in which edition?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    A trigger warning of some kind would have been nice

Just sayin'
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Ohhh sorry

I will keep that in mind for the future
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Thanks
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Bee said:

Where the hell does D&D advocate insurrection?  It spends entire sections laying out massive penalties and repercussions for playing anyone even vaguely evil.

...in which edition?

Probably AD&D First Edition.

Speaking of, Gary Gygax had the worst writing style ever. 
    Assassins are evil in alignment (perforce, as the killing of humans and other intelligent life for the purpose of profit is basically held to be the antithesis of weal).
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Oh fuck I should've edited the title >_<
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    TW: Pennsylvania