When people talk about scary logos...

Comments

• I remember being disturbed by this one more as a kid, but these days it doesn't have as much teeth

that's probably true of most folk (and of scary logos in general, but perhaps with this one in particular it just doesn't quite have enough impact to justify further dwelling on it)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The fact that the picture moves like fucking molasses "helps"

Granted he has a smirky trollface and the aural accompaniment is terrifying, but he also looks like Sam Raimi couldn't get the rights to the Mona Lisa.
  • the only scary logo is the "Nightmare Version" of the Williams Street Studios badge
    nightmare version?
  • the one they use for Off The Air sometimes.
    oh
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I probably would have been scared by this logo as a kid, but I didn't see it until I was an adult...
    as for logos I was scared of as a kid, this was the absolute nastiest one-two punch:

it felt like those kids were laughing at my pain
    At least the widely-hated Snee-Oosh logo had no fucking disembodied laughter after it

I probably would have been scared by this logo as a kid, but I didn't see it until I was an adult...

You didn't watch your local UHF stations enough

(The Renaissance shows, I think, aired on KWGN here, and they were VHF, but still)
    (Universal seems to have had a group deal with Tribune to run those shows)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I didn't pay WWHO much attention somehow
    How could you avoid the allure of UPN 53 (which was also a WB station)
  • The Resident Evil 6 logo looks like a lady blowing a giraffe, which is one kind of terrifying.
    terrifying?
    sounds funny to me
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I didn't watch Xena or Hercules because I didn't really find them interesting at the time. I was much more of a Star Trek person.
    NBC has mulled over bringing back Xena

Seeing this logo in "HD" with some announcer blathering over it would be funny