Birthdays mean having fun with friends
Not getting lots of stuff

It won't be the same without you
So we hope that you say yes
So, please, oh please R.S.V.P
And come, and be our guest
Tagged:

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...and of course when I attempt to trigger the bug nothing happens. Bluh.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    The heap has gained sentient and is fucking with us.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

I'm not sure it can invade something that's technically part of it split off. We're like a frickin' fluke worm that was split somehow keeps taking little bits off the bigger half.

SCIENCE HAS FAILED TO PROVIDE AN ADEQUATE METAPHOR FOR ME!
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    We are the Flukeman from the X-Files.

No matter how far the motherheap moves, no matter what steps it takes towards decency and legitimacy, no matter how much casual chat it engages in, we'll be there, watching through the shower drain.

Whispering "boobs."

I think that was one of the first episodes where EVERYONE saw something REALLY fucking weird and Skully couldn't be like "SCIENTIFIC PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY" because there was a goddamn giant man, worm, leach thing in a giant TUBE as if it was Luke Skywalker fresh out of the tauntaun.  

You know, I've managed to fill it up to the character limit with articles pilfered from Wikipedia, yet the fora has never eaten my post.

Strange.
  • edited 2012-02-28 02:38:38
    Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    It amused me that, even two or three seasons after that, she would still sometimes go "Mulder that's ridiculous!"

Granted, it usually kinda was, but still.

Oh wait we're trying to test something sorry!
  • EAT MY POST VANILLA

I DARE YA
  • edited 2012-02-28 02:43:39
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

^^Y Mulder eventually looses his cool in season seven and is like "WHEN AM I EVER WRONG, BITCH?!" And Skully doesn't have a lot to say about that.

Except, he's wrong when there be strangely specific Catholic forces at work (He and Skully would flip roles).

Of course, he was wrong that episode, too. Though, he sort of ended up saving the day, anyway.
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    >has gained sentient

Justice, I don't want to sound overly critical, but there's stuff like this that makes me wonder if there's some sort of non-standard syntax or dialect that you're accustomed to? Or is spellcheck being silly for you?
  • edited 2012-02-28 02:50:29
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

I'm tired and my brain likes to pick words that SOUND like the word I want to type and then types that instead of the word I actually wanted.

I usually have to recheck my own posts, otherwise "where" becomes "were" and vice versa, as well as "know"/"no", "knew"/"new", "sync"/"sink", etc...

Not sure what you'd call that, maybe some form of dyslexia that manifests as a writing disorder and not a reading disorder.
    Looks like there's something called dysgraphia, which is about disabilities in terms of writing instead of in terms of reading. But the term seems to be associated more with pen and paper writing, and a more serious handicap at that.

I think in this case it's overstating things to call it a disorder. I think it's probably more appropriately described as a quirk.

Quirk almost seems too far in the opposite end of the spectrum. I guess I'm just used to thinking of "quirks" as things people have some degree of control over.

Obviously, this isn't really debilitating or anything like that, but it's certainly something that I would "will away" if I had much choice in the matter.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm reminded of a similar "quirk" of my own--for years, whenever I would read the word "anyone" aloud, I would say it as "anybody". And if I read the word "anybody" aloud, I'd say it as "anyone". Same for "someone/somebody", "no one/nobody", etc.

Oddly enough it was actually MLP:FIM that broke me of that--their "anypony"/"somepony"/"nopony" got me paying more attention to those words and that resulted in me reading them properly.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I initially found "anypony"/"somepony"/"nopony"/"everypony" weird, as it disrupted such deeply ingrained words.
    The horse puns have made me more aware and amused of references to the human species in speech. "As much as humanly possible", "Oh man", "Gotta hand it to you".

It brings to mind a lovely YouTube comment I've seen on a clip where the phrase "horsing around" is made by one character.

>Mane 6 comes to our world.

>human: "Quit monkeying around."

>Mane 6: "DOHOHOHO IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE THEY'RE PRIMATES"

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Gelzo said:

The horse puns have made me more aware and amused of references to the human species in speech. "As much as humanly possible", "Oh man", "Gotta hand it to you".

It brings to mind a lovely YouTube comment I've seen on a clip where the phrase "horsing around" is made by one character.

Using any kind of HTML formatting here should break the quote plugin
    Okay, it's not doing it on Iceweasel 17.0.8. Dammit.
    Gelzo said:

Formatting should not break the quotes this time!
  • lee4hmz said:

Gelzo said:

Formatting should not break the quotes this time!
    AYIIIIEEEEEEEE
    And it didn't! GOod!
  • best early christmas present ever

THANK YOU LEE!
    You're welcome!