You know, for kids! (name-that-movie game)

edited 2016-09-01 04:17:51 in Roleplay & Games
Anyone remember this? We had a thread like this years ago.

Basically, you post an accurate but mildly misleading description of a family or children's film, and people guess. First person to name the movie gets to post the next description.

As before, let's start with an exceedingly obvious one for the sake of example:

(2016) A young woman who moves to the big city to become a police officer must team up with a known con artist to stop criminals from targeting a specific class of citizen.

Comments

• That's Zootopia.
  • edited 2016-09-01 04:17:18
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Zootopia

beaten to it
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Correct. Tre's turn.
  • (2005) A social pariah attempts to repair his broken relationship with his father as what appears to be an alien-made apocalypse hits their small town.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Chicken Little
    alright

(2003) Mike Myers shills for his corporate overlords.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The Cat in the Hat?

If that's it, you somehow made that movie sound BETTER than it is.
    Central Avenue is right!

(Also, funny how both answers are under the same roof now)
    (1996) Like Carrie, but for kids.
    Correct! That was an obvious choice, coming from me, heh.
  • (2001) A boy terrorizes an ice cream truck driver, a young businessman, a delinquent and a principal, but isn't prepared to face the consequences of his actions.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Max Keeble's Big Move
  • edited 2016-09-01 06:19:05
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    (1985) A girl comes back from adventures that she had in another land and is unable to sleep because of them. Her parents are convinced that she’s just having bad dreams, so they send her to electro-shock therapy to make her normal again. She manages to escape from the therapy and back to the other land, only to find it in ruins.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Yup.
  • edited 2016-09-01 06:40:54

(1991) A young boy leaves home to go to a big city to find a Rooster/Elvis wannabe who can help him bring back the sun to save his farm.