I feel weird.

I feel weird about not fully agreeing with people who get sad about Disney owning Marvel and Star Wars for what will presumably be the rest of time (even if I can understand the sentiment in some ways), and yet, the fact that Comcast is probably going to own the DreamWorks Classics characters (e.g. Underdog, Tennessee Tuxedo, Little Lotta) for the rest of time makes my heart sink.

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Anonus feels weird again! Sound the alarm
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I don't really have any constructive advice, so...why does this matter to you?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Because it's about my hypocrisy in going "lol, nerd culture" to myself, while feeling sad about something in a similar way, though that thing generally falls outside the purview of "nerd culture"
  • Anonus feels weird again! Sound the alarm

I shouldn't have laughed. I'm sorry, AU.

either way I do feel you on this, it personally disappoints me that Comcast owns some of my favorite things (Turbo and Scott Pilgrim being two examples thereof) but I don't feel any particular resentment toward Disney for its ownership of Star Wars (in fact, I think they actually have a much better understanding of the franchise and why it's special than Lucas himself seemed to, if TFA is any indication).
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    If any media conglomerate is fit to own Star Wars it's Disney

I dunno, it does seem like a lot of the upset over Disney's purchases of Marvel and Lucasfilm were: a fear of Disney's signature antiseptic homogenization, and a "confirmation" that these things were for children. Meanwhile I'm just sad that a bunch of favorite cartoon/comic characters are owned by Evil Comcast, and will, if Universal's treatment of Woody Woodpecker and Chilly Willy is any indication, disappear into a purgatory of being forgotten stepchildren (though if the DWC characters are part of the reason that Comcast came calling, then maybe not).