This blog is great

http://youchosewrong.tumblr.com/

It's nothing but the death pages from Choose Your Own Adventure-type books

I love how fucked-up some of those can be

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I always intentionally tried to get all of the Bad Ends first, and was always disappointed when my other, better judgments led me to the good stuff before the end. But yeah agreed.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    See, I was the kind of kid who always found the "bad" endings more entertaining than the "good" endings.

YOU SEE THIS SHIT

THIS IS WHY I'M LIKE THIS

R.A. MONTGOMERY PUT SOME FUCKED UP SHIT IN THOSE BOOKS I S2G
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    i never read those books as a kid :(
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    (from Choose Your Own Adventure #10: The Lost Jewels of Nabooti, 1981)  If by “horrible,” you mean “truly epic.”
  • Anonus said:

i never read those books as a kid :(

you ain't missing anything important
  • I remember these.

I sat down, read the first page, flipped through to find the good end, then that was it
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I remember these.

I sat down, read the first page, flipped through to find the good end, then that was it

UR DOIN IT WRONG
  • edited 2016-08-29 23:10:55
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I mean, I can understand not wanting to bother with them, but at least cheat to the bad endings...
  • edited 2016-08-29 23:18:03

why on earth would I do that, the bad endings are bad
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Extremely bird voice Actually, bad things are good.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    but the bad endings are so much more fun than the boring good endings!

someone back me up here
  • but they are bad

kid me had no time for such things

i'm not going to waste my time meandering about trying to figure things out, this is a book damn it and if they're going to try and make me work for the ending I'm gonna damn well cheat
    I love how we're like bestest friends but we are just total opposites on so many things, naney
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-08-30 00:00:02
    Tre said:

That's...that's not how crocodiles work.  They're physically incapable of chewing or breaking off small pieces (on purpose anyway).

EDIT: Ugh, I forgot how completely random and arbitrary most of these are.  If you're going to traumatize kids, at least have it make sense.

Like, this?

You just got killed doing something completely mundane that had jack all to do with anything threatening in the story.  This is the CYOA equivalent of tripping in Smash Bros.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Wait, are you in a block of ice or not?

Because as we all know, the CRT monitor is the only part of the computer that holds and interacts with data.