Complaining about god's priorities in divine intervention movies

Yes I realize Problem of Evil is a thing, but at this point going "Why is God intervening in this world series with his angels in the outfield instead of stopping war in Sudan" is the "What about airline food" of making fun of divine intervention movies

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i guess all those other teams aren't religious enough
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-08-27 18:44:53
    Or maybe the angels were on vacation and wanted to fuck with a baseball game.

Seriously though, there's a good reason the target audience for those movies tends to be the people who'd rather wank over their faith than think about it.  The converse are generally more offended by those movies than people on the outside looking in, because it exacerbates a lot of ego and complacency within their own religion while making all of them look like fickle shits to others.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    No, look, it happened because that one kid prayed for it because he wanted to see his deadbeat dad again 

Did none of you see that trailer five billion times as a child like I did
  • twist:

they lose the baseball game but gain something greater
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-08-27 18:48:30
    Actually the twist was that the kid loses his deadbeat dad completely and gets adopted by a better one, but still.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I remember seeing that trailers a bunch of times, though I couldn't tell you much about it now without looking up a copy.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Odradek said:

No, look, it happened because that one kid prayed for it because he wanted to see his deadbeat dad again 

clearly the other teams need better sob stories then
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Calica said:

Odradek said:

clearly the other teams need better sob stories then
    Yed