iPhone cases with a cutout to show the Apple logo

It's not 2008. iPhones are no longer a status symbol, they're something a huge number of people can now afford. You're not impressing anyone.

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    gotta show that it's an APPLE and not one of those android-using PLEBS, centie, jeez
  • ive always assumed this was caused by some sort of deal between apple and case manufacturers
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

ive always assumed this was caused by some sort of deal between apple and case manufacturers

I always chalked it up to #aesthetics.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

ive always assumed this was caused by some sort of deal between apple and case manufacturers

It might be, considering that a lot of otherwise sensible-looking cases have the logo window.

As an aside: I prefer Android, as operating systems go, but I might get an iPhone next time around because they seem to have better cameras than most Android devices.
  • the thing about this is that you can't really blame people for buying them, it's more of a case manufacturer thing that stuck around for whatever reason

I will give OtterBox credit for finding a smart way to do it, though (they have a windowed layer over the hole to prevent damage), even if it is a bit of an eyesore
  • also re: cameras: Samsung, as much as I loathe TouchWiz, has actually pretty much equaled (maybe even bested) Apple in the camera department, so you should take a look at them before jumping ship

I'm not particularly focused on having the best camera, though, so I can't say I'm too interested in their stuff because I think the user experience is still different for the sake of being different rather than improving on the OS (though it's much better than it was in the S3/S4 days).
  • my lg g4 has a camera abouuuuuut as good as my sister's iphone?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ok, I should be more specific.

My Galaxy S III takes blurry photos most of the time unless the scene is VERY bright. My sister's iPhone can take indoor pictures that aren't blurry, even with typical fluorescent lighting.

This may just be because my current Samsung is several years old, though.
  • i kinda assume that's the reason
    yeah the s3 is so old that verizon buys back s4s now but not s3s
    i still need to put mine on craigslist lol
    I intend to get a new phone when I go back to school, whenever that may be
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I have a Note5 and it takes excellent pictures.