...imagine living in Ohio.

Ohio.

OHIO.

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Indeed.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    sometimes it bugs me that Ohio isn't a palindrome
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

If it's any consolation, OHIO is symmetrical about the horizontal axis
  • I live in Florida.

As a consolation, though, I don't find campaign ads annoying.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Florida? So you've seen that "DONALD TRUMP'S AMERICA IS SECURE" commercial, at least if you've watched TV this week
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

If it's any consolation, OHIO is symmetrical about the horizontal axis

good point.
  • Florida? So you've seen that "DONALD TRUMP'S AMERICA IS SECURE" commercial, at least if you've watched TV this week

One small problem is that I don't watch TV.  If I do, it's PBS.

And when my parents do, it's PBS, CNN, or MSNBC, for news.  My dad does watch other TV, but he is a master of switching to other channels when the commercials come on.

I would watch more TV but I don't currently feel I need more Law & Order episodes in my life.
  • I'm certain it wasn't up to Ohio levels, but North Carolina was pretty bad about them as well.

Our governor's race is this year, so not only do I have pro-Trump ads to want to throw my shoe at, but also this fucker:

Look at him. Look good and well.

Now imagine him making that face as a Chuck Taylor All-Star slides through the air and into his jaw.
  • he looks like a dude who would be the cool vice principal

though judging by your desire for shoe throwing he is most likely not cool
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I remember a few years ago when Steve Burke joked about how nice it would be if NBCUniversal owned a station in Ohio

If only he knew
  • TreTre
    edited 2016-08-26 04:01:28

he looks like a dude who would be the cool vice principal

though judging by your desire for shoe throwing he is most likely not cool

heard anything about that anti-trans bathroom bill bullshit in NC? he signed it into law
    Remember when someone threw shoes st George W. Bush? That was funny.

He dodged them like a pro, too.
  • Remember when someone threw shoes st George W. Bush? That was funny.

then he continued the press conference while the dude was getting beaten in the other room, like a pro
  • Tre said:

I'm certain it wasn't up to Ohio levels, but North Carolina was pretty bad about them as well.

Our governor's race is this year, so not only do I have pro-Trump ads to want to throw my shoe at, but also this fucker:

Look at him. Look good and well.

Now imagine him making that face as a Chuck Taylor All-Star slides through the air and into his jaw.
    you also have a u.s. senate race that's only starting to heat up

Remember when someone threw shoes st George W. Bush? That was funny.

then he continued the press conference while the dude was getting beaten in the other room, like a pro
    Yeah that 's the thing that makes it less funny
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    i somehow wasn't aware of that angle
  • Anonus said:

i somehow wasn't aware of that angle

I don't think it came out until after the incident was mostly out of public memory.
    In retrospect it seems kind of obvious

How else would that possibly have played out, with Bush involved?
  • people who throw shoes at george w. bush are heroes because they threw shoes at george w. bush
  • Didn't the guy get taken down by Iraqi guards?  It was during the meeting with the Iraqi PM, and he was a lot more frothy about it than Bush was.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    What people don't realize is that in Iraqi culture, throwing a shoe is a gesture that means, roughly, "I throw my shoe at you"
    It's actually more insulting than that, but I digress.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

It's actually more insulting than that, but I digress.

I was joking
    I know. I was just... something.

It's really interesting what different gestures mean in different places.

this is the ad I was referring to, for those lucky enough not to see it

i'm going deaf from all the racist dogwhistles
  • people should throw shoes at donald trump
  • I don't think any shoes have been thrown but one guy got arrested in Iowa for throwing a tomato at him

the real MVP
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-08-26 17:25:51
    no see it cant be racist because they included one stock photo of a happy black guy

Also I love how the first thing in the related videos is "20 mysterious creatures caught on camera" with a picture of a guy in a bird suit or some shit.  Sometimes pattern analysis turns up some hilarious correlations.
    As much as I'd like to see Trump beaned with footwear, it's probably for the best that it hasn't happened

Because the Right's narrative would be "Liberals are so violent they physically attack people just for having different opinions!"
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Throw cream pies at Trump instead.
  • Throw cream pies at Trump instead.

i'm not sure that would work; Trump may resist them because he seems to be dark-elemental too
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Bee said:

Didn't the guy get taken down by Iraqi guards?  It was during the meeting with the Iraqi PM, and he was a lot more frothy about it than Bush was.

the law he got taken down under, iirc, was basically "throwing a shoe near Iraqi PM Nouri al-Maliki" yeah
    Maliki is either in exile or jail for being hideously corrupt at this point, if I am not mistaken...

Maliki is either in exile or jail for being hideously corrupt at this point, if I am not mistaken...

George W. Bush, on the other hand...
  • he is one of Iraq's three vice-presidents right now, according to Wikiped.

did you know Iraq had three of those? Me neither.

Also chairman of the Dawa Party. Who are described as "Muslim Democratists". I don't know what that means.

•     Absolute sovereignty belongs to God.
        Islamic injunctions are the basis of legislation. The legislative authority may enact any law not repugnant to Islam.
        The people, as vice-regents of Allah, are entrusted with legislative and executive powers.
        The jurist holding religious authority represents Islam. By confirming legislative and executive actions, he gives them legality."[14]

Ah. Hmm. No, I don't really like this.

But, well, I'm not Iraqi, so who cares what I think
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Jane said:

he is one of Iraq's three vice-presidents right now, according to Wikiped.

did you know Iraq had three of those? Me neither.

Also chairman of the Dawa Party. Who are described as "Muslim Democratists". I don't know what that means.
    according to wikiped, either the office was abolished or it wasn't abolished