TV antennas marketed as "HDTV antennas"

This always seemed to border on deceptive to me. An antenna is an antenna. The same antenna that picked up analog TV broadcasts in the olden days can be used to get digital TV now, but they want you to think it's something special.

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    HDTV 360 Premium+ antennae are best, though.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I assume the loophole is that the hardware is compatible with newer HD televisions? It is a touch disingenuous.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    The only think I can think of that's different is that these may be better optimised for VHF-hi and UHF reception, since a lot of HDTV channels live up past analog channel 7.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    lee4hmz said:

The only think I can think of that's different is that these may be better optimised for VHF-hi and UHF reception, since a lot of HDTV channels live up past analog channel 7.

I've considered that, but I've literally seen your basic rabbit-ears antenna sold as "HD" antennas, at stores like Big Lots and Roses.

• I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    High Definition is a buzzword with no real or true meaning, alas
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    16-BIT

HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

16-BIT

HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS

I have one of the older ones that says that on it

But the fucking RF adapter broke so I can't play it until I buy a replacement
    yeah, I had one of those.

my female sibling has it now
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

lee4hmz said:

I've considered that, but I've literally seen your basic rabbit-ears antenna sold as "HD" antennas, at stores like Big Lots and Roses.

That sounds like some good old-fashioned Turd Polish, then.
  • 16-BIT

HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS

This posts blasts my processes.
    lolz
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    this post does what nintendon't