"WPXI" is an extremely boring callsign

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I kind of like the combo of curves and angularity going on, visually speaking. It also sounds good to say. So I think I disagree, personally.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It shares a market with "KDKA" and "WTAE", and it is also an NBC affiliate and NBC has melted so badly into dullness, not being as vibrant/Townsend Colemany as they were in the 1990s
    KDKA should be an NBC affiliate, but it is not
    So many NBC stations are so fucking boring
  • kill living beings
    dude it has an x AND a p i'm afraid you're wrong
    Anonus said:

It shares a market with "KDKA" and "WTAE", and it is also an NBC affiliate and NBC has melted so badly into dullness, not being as vibrant/Townsend Colemany as they were in the 1990s

That doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with the callsign itself, which as Klinotaxis so elegantly put it:

dude it has an x AND a p i'm afraid you're wrong

Like, if you're going to anorak-wank about how bad or dull the station itself is, put that in the title, because when someone else says, "I actually like that arrangement of letters," responding with, "It's boring because the station is boring and NBC sucks" doesn't make any sense.
    i have a bad habit of not clearly communicating everything about certain things, you're right

i guess i just find perennial third-placers kind of boring and characterless by default
    I still think "KDKA" wins - anomalous "K" root east of the Mississippi, meaningless jumble of letters dating to the earliest days of callsigns...
  • kill living beings
    i am congenitally incapable of inelegantly putting