How do you guys feel about flat prairies

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    SOMEBODY GIVE ME A HILL. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA—
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Hey now, flat land isn't all bad

Walt Disney chose Orlando as the spot for Walt Disney World BECAUSE of Florida's abundance of flat land
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I lived in Florida. The flatness is not a particularly flattering quality of the land.
    well you're not building a mega theme park and Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow
    you know, anytime I travel east, I'm always stunned by how ubiquitous trees and lakes and rivers are
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ohio is really, really flat but...yeah we're constantly surrounded by trees, creeks, and rivers.

Lakes, not so much, unless you count man-made lakes.

As for the question you posed, prairie is a nice change of scenery from the lush Ohio greenery when I visit Colorado. Also: prairie dogs!! So cute.
  • I lived in Florida. The flatness is not a particularly flattering quality of the land.

ba-dum TSSH
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I like it, it gives a sense of the void

this is the only time I like anything flat, though
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

I like it, it gives a sense of the void

But what about... PANCAKES.
    holy crap, you're right
  • I like it, it gives a sense of the void

But what about... PANCAKES.
    It has been mathematically proven that Kansas is flatter than a pancake.
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    In the flat field I do get bored...
  • my family is from the midwest so...

I mean we went to my grandmother's old homestead, and had to offroad across like 10 miles of sagebrush.
  • kill living beings
    boring
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

I lived in Florida. The flatness is not a particularly flattering quality of the land.

this goes for the Eastern Shore, too, where the only hills are for the bridge approaches
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Anonus said:

Hey now, flat land isn't all bad

Walt Disney chose Orlando as the spot for Walt Disney World BECAUSE of Florida's abundance of flat land
    Jerk drained the swamp, destroying a wetland.

I hate him forever.
  • building Disneyland on top of something is less destroying it and more desecrating it
  • building Disneyland on top of something is less destroying it and more desecrating it

desecrating it is the spiritual meaning part

destroying is the erasing the whole local ecosystem and putting something else in its place part

building Disneyland on top of something is less destroying it and more desecrating it

He built Disneyland on top of a grove

He built Disney World on top of a swamp
    He built the Disney company on bad taste and commercial exploitation
  • edited 2016-07-28 06:05:47
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    No

After Charles Mintz fired him he and his brother Roy packed up and started the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio with the power of good old-fashioned American enterprise. He then created Mickey Mouse with the dreams of every living human being and made "Steamboat Willie," the first sound cartoon and a masterpiece of animation. Then he bet everything he had on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the greatest film of all time for which the Academy cruelly denied him an Oscar. This started the tradition of great Disney animated cinema, and set in stone that only Walt Disney Productions knows how to do animation properly.

Then he ripped off his shirt and built Disneyland in Anaheim, California with his bare hands. He worked long hours in the hot California sun, toiling away, making his vision reality. But he tragically died before he could personally oversee replication of its success in Florida - a location he chose when he noticed that a small minority of Disneyland's visitors came from east of the Mississippi.

Fifty years dead, Walt's spirit looks down at what is now christened The Walt Disney Company, and is overjoyed that his legacy lives on.
    you work for Disney's publicity department now?
  • edited 2016-07-28 06:43:55
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    No but I could probably get hired there if I can do more like that
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I'd reference Escape From Tomorrow, but Tony Goldmark and Wikipedia told me I'm not allowed to like that movie