IJBM: It is way too late in the game to create a Saturday Night Live competitor

I'm so jealous of NBC

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    yes, but when was the last time SNL was funny?

/obligatory
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...what should Centralia's SNL equivalent be called?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

/obligatory

Nevermind that, its continued existence helps contribute to the mystique of both its earlier years, and of NBC as this towering pillar of broadcasting. Also, SNL is a farm system of sorts for NBC talent.

The Merry Revue?

Look, I went for the most old-fashioned name I could come up with
  • ...what should Centralia's SNL equivalent be called?

Saturday Night Dead
  • kill living beings
    thursday afternoon laughs
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

/obligatory

Nevermind that, its continued existence helps contribute to the mystique of both its earlier years, and of NBC as this towering pillar of broadcasting. Also, SNL is a farm system of sorts for NBC talent.
    Weird, I only just realized that the current hosts of The Tonight Show and Late Night both came from SNL
    well, yes, without SNL we might never see great talents like Adam Sandler
    You're just peeved about NBC screwing over Conan O'Brien back in 2010

Anonus said:

/obligatory

Weird, I only just realized that the current hosts of The Tonight Show and Late Night both came from SNL
    Section and I were talking about that earlier
    And how CBS doesn't have anything like SNL, so they had to bring in James Corden and Stephen Colbert from outside (well, not totally outside in Colbert's case) to replace the departing Craig Ferguson and David Letterman

Not letting Worldwide Pants do some kind of sketch show was a massive misstep on CBS's part
    Especially considering that by 1994 or so Dave was one of the very few things going right for CBS

You're just peeved about NBC screwing over Conan O'Brien back in 2010

NEVER FORGET
    It was one of the great legacies of the Zucker-Silverman era of NBC
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    wasn't mad tv a thing for a while
    It was never of the same stature and Fox didn't own it

It had its share of alumni (Phil LaMarr, Key & Peele) but it wasn't on the level of In Living Color
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

Funny at 10 PM.
    MetaFour said:

Funny at 10 PM.
    Hahaha yes, this wins
    Does it air at the same time throughout the country?
    I don't know, I just figured Centralia was all in one time zone
  • kill living beings
    yeah, but it has weirder time zone coverage than indiana
    I assumed Centralia was the size of Texas
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Centralia is actually huge, it's just very long and skinny in a vertical sense, thus remaining in a single time zone despite the large landmass. 
  • kill living beings
    rip chile