MFW im told that I should just ignore Start

Comments

• (I know, wrong version, but whatever.)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Adventures of Psychedelic Squid

(c) 2016 Imigames Inc.

Press Start
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The Windows 95 one was composed by Brian Eno, of all people!

• my favorite computer startup chime will always be the one used by Apple since the first iMac, though I also really like the one Windows 2000 did

(Windows Me used it too, but. We don't talk about Windows Me.)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    he created it using a Mac

it does sound pretty Apple-esque
  • doesn't draw attention enough; needs more blingeeifying as well as some vuvuzelas and airhorns blaring etc.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    During the development of Windows 95, that was called "the system menu" and it only had the Windows icon on it.

The testers couldn't figure out how to start anything on the computer.

So they put the word "Start" on it, and the Start menu was born.

But it still wasn't enough, and some people were so confused, so the first time you boot up Windows 95, that arrow comes across and basically begs you to open the Start menu.
  • And ever since Vista, they took Start off it again.
    ...and then in Windows 8 they took it away entirely!
  • ...and it turned out to be a horrible idea.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    in windows 10 they brought it back but it still doesn't have the word start on it because the world is used to windows now
    I'm still amused by Windows 8.1

"We're bringing back the Start button!"

"Yay!!"

"When you click it, it'll take you right to the full-screen Start with all your tiles. ^_^"

"Wait...did you think the button was what we were complaining about?"

"...You mean it wasn't?"
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Even in 10, they still seemed to have that same attitude. In vanilla 10, right clicking the start button has many more useful options than normal clicking it, ironically. 

Classic Shell 4 Lyfe, though. 
    The right-click menu on the Start button is the one thing from Windows 8 that I actually miss when I use XP or 7 now.

And yeah, the Start menu in 10 is basically the Start screen from 8 shrunk down. I don't mind it much, because I can at least find what I'm looking for more easily than in 8.
  • Even in 10, they still seemed to have that same attitude. In vanilla 10, right clicking the start button has many more useful options than normal clicking it, ironically. 

Classic Shell 4 Lyfe, though. 
    And Centie, this is why I ended up with a bunch of add-ons for Firefox.

The right-click menu on the Start button is the one thing from Windows 8 that I actually miss when I use XP or 7 now.

That is a useful menu, even though I don't use it much myself.