I am frustrated with my life

I am.

Are you?

Did this need its own thread? Almost certainly not. But here we are anyway.

Comments

• Jane said:

Are you?

yes
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Of late, I have felt trapped in suburbia, if not my whole state, and wish to meet new people and experience different cultures
  • Anonus said:

Of late, I have felt trapped in suburbia, if not my whole state, and wish to meet new people and experience different cultures

hey me too, high five
  • edited 2016-07-14 03:23:28
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Likewise.

At the very least, it would be nice to get out of the house more.
  • Yeah

I guess I should start studying my driver's manual. We have a car that mostly works now, if I were allowed to drive I could leave on my own terms at least some of the time.

Of course there's the getting a job part....
  • kill living beings
    did this thread need you
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Need who?

I can get out if I'm the issue.
  • I think Klino was just making a joke based off of what I said in the OP.
    Oh, okay.

Anyway, I have a job now and I'm glad for that.

I'm mostly focused on saving up money for the next stage of my life right now.
  • edited 2016-07-14 03:29:17
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Klino was joking about the joke about the necessity of the thread in the OP, Section. Oh hey, lookit, ninjas everywhere. Is this the Edo period? Am I a spy now?
    Sorry. >_>
  • I will be the only one making jokes here

they must pass my joke approval test. 
  • Klino was joking about the joke about the necessity of the thread in the OP, Section. Oh hey, lookit, ninjas everywhere. Is this the Edo period? Am I a spy now?

the wild ferret in his natural habitat
  • ninja ferrets is a good topic for a thread
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ & ^ 0w0
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    i am unhappy about many things

but, I do have a ceiling fan.
  • Anonus said:

this has been me for a good while

Being at UK helps, but at the same time I'm still stuck here when school isn't a thing and God it's stifling
  • I do particularly feel trapped, as odd as it sounds... True, I am stuck in either my home town or my University town, but I don't feel like I need to escape or get away or anything like that.
  • *don't

Stupid autocorrect

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Tre said:

Anonus said:

this has been me for a good while

Being at UK helps, but at the same time I'm still stuck here when school isn't a thing and God it's stifling
    Do you feel weird about not wanting to be in North Carolina?

Living in Colorado is something that has a certain cachet - the vast majority of the state's population moved here from other places and lots of them seem to love it here, people honest-to-god have "NATIVE" bumper stickers - but it just feels like there's so few career/cultural opportunities here for someone like me, a wannabe graphic designer and artist type

that, and the state's largest and capital city feels like it is going through an identity crisis - Denver has long been seen as a "cowtown," less so now than it used to be, and can't seem to decide whether or not it wants to be "Indianapolis by the mountains" or "Portland with actual employment opportunities" (though Denver's legitimately been ahead of the curve on some things, I believe it's one of the only cities of its size with rail) - and the rest of the state doesn't exactly seem cosmopolitan or like they're strong in anything I'm particularly interested in.

I don't know if I like living in/near a city that has acquired a reputation as one where "young people go to retire" (not as much as Portland has but still)
  • edited 2016-07-14 07:25:31
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I dunno, sometimes I wish I lived in a place that feels like it has more of an identity, or opportunities for me, a stronger sense of history and culture, and a less dry climate

I have been looking at Chicago and the Twin Cities (yes, naney, I might be headed there someday), in part because of their proximity to Chicago
  • Eh, lately it's been two steps forward, one step back. Trying to move in with friends failed after several attempts, but then some other friends who're looking for a place offered to bump out someone they didn't like, and I took them up on that, and (if our application gets accepted, which there doesn't seem to be any reason it wouldn't) soon we'll be living in a very cute house, with a Harry Potter closet under the stairs and everything.

Sure, the fact that it's been such a long uncertain process is frustrating on its own, but being able to see things getting better...right before I turn 30? It feels like a new start after all the pain and abuse and isolation and everything. (It's also good that I'm acknowledging that bad things happened to me and it's not my fault, because there was a really long time there where I assumed I deserved it all.)