This is the future we live in

PSA on WNCI, the top Columbus radio station:

"The Ohio Department of Transportation reminds listeners not to catch Pokémon while driving."

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    How very Dennou Coil.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Good! Save my people, Gov't!
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-07-14 00:26:34
    Japanese Fight Giant Jellyfish Invasion With Jellyfish-Infused Space Candy
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    our FedEx driver at work sez he catches pokemon during stops on his route.

I guess that's a good job for that kinda thing.
  • As long as he does it during stops and not between.

I've been nearly killed in too many crosswalks to have any patience for that.
  • There is nothing wrong with Pokemon Go, there is something wrong with the human mind.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I met someone yesterday who was in jail for nearly running over a pedestrian because he was trying to catch Pokemon while driving.

As he signed the paperwork for a bail bond, he swore he'd only play Pokemon Go while walking from now on.
  • Given how ravenously my generation has pounced on the game you would expect me to have taken up the craze just like the rest of Tumblr, but I never downloaded it so I never got hooked

I'm familiar enough with it to understand that for all intents and purposes it is a Pokemon game, but it doesn't do everything that has made the series special, nor is it full featured enough to really feel like one (which is very much an intentional decision, but it makes me as an outsider to the series go "wouldn't my time be better spent just playing the real ones?")

besides, me being in Raleigh made it feel kind of pointless to do so; the game's no fun without driving because the stops are too far out from each other (my entire neighborhood has just one)
  • my folks have fallen in love with it, though, to the point of taking driving trips just to get stops and buying in-app purchases to get coins for other items and stuff

and it's been nice to see them getting into it, but I still think it isn't quite what I'm looking for

(I've had enough exposure to the Internet and the shows that I recognize most of the monsters themselves, though, which is cool because I haven't played any of the games but they still consider me an expert on the subject)
  • Suburban America: making even Pokémon Go less fun