People always contrast summer and winter

But people rarely use bitching about summer to gush about spring or autumn.

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ...what planet do you live on?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yeah, man, people fucking love spring!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    They don't seem to say "I prefer it to summer" much though
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    People ritually forget every year that large portions of Spring are a milder rainier Winter
  • edited 2016-07-11 04:22:27
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    You really need to have more in-person conversations with people who aren't your mother. I feel like it would remedy these sorts of baffling notions very quickly.

^ Also true.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Spring here is honestly great. It's not all that rainy in these parts, and when it does rain, we get thunderstorms! Also, all the wheat-covered hills turn a lovely green, and it's just breezy enough to feel refreshing. The temperature is milder, compared to the 90-100 degrees full summer gets. 

I love Spring. 
    if you grow up in a rain shadow you learn to love rain and cherish it
    Nobody said there was anything wrong with rain!
    erio didn't, but what I got from Myr is that he doesn't like it.
  • edited 2016-07-11 04:37:43
    I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I did grow up in a very rainy area. The Willamette Valley down in Oregon. 

I never cared for the rain. It's not my jam at all. 
    AU, I know how this is going to sound, but have you ever considered how bizarrely thin-skinned it comes across to automatically respond to every implied statement of an opinion that you disagree with like you've been personally insulted?

I did grow up in a very rainy area. The Willamette Valley down in Oregon. 

I never cared for the rain. It's not my jam at all. 
    sometimes the dryness here is oppressive to me

AU, I know how this is going to sound, but have you ever considered how bizarrely thin-skinned it comes across to automatically respond to every implied statement of an opinion that you disagree with like you've been personally insulted?

I thought my response was fairly measured, and I know I have a bad habit of overreacting and kept that in mind when making that response
    Yeah, but there's that subtext in responding like you *needed* to respond, as if it were somehow deeply hurtful that someone would imply that they didn't like rain and therefore you must subtly force them to check their rain privilege.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I didn't, simply because it lacked the vitriol, the bite, that is usually explicit in the sort of comments you're talking about. That and just going off of what or who he knows.

Anyway I like spring. It exists and is nice.
    I guess I let it intertwine with other feelings that may not be relevant to the topic at hand
  • edited 2016-07-11 05:26:28
    ಠ_ಠ
    Spring here doesn't exist. We just have extended winters that can be milder than usual. On that note, autumn is just extended summer.
  • edited 2016-07-11 05:30:27
    Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    Mein Herz sieht an dem Himmel
    gemahlt sein eig'nes Bild,
    es ist nicht als der Winter,
    Der Winter, kalt und wild!
  • Of course, there is the fact that here, we are lucky if we a few days of sunshine in summer. Mostly it's wet and grey.
  • And then in the winter, it's always bright and sunny, meaning you look like a twat dressed warmly with sunglasses on.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    In Ohio, we get very little in the way of spring weather. March might as well be a winter month, then we get a couple weeks of springlike weather in April, but by May it's already summer heat.

Mercifully, our autumn weather usually lasts longer. Starting in late September and stretching through early December or so.
  • In Ohio, we get very little in the way of spring weather. March might as well be a winter month, then we get a couple weeks of springlike weather in April, but by May it's already summer heat.

Mercifully, our autumn weather usually lasts longer. Starting in late September and stretching through early December or so.
    And then there's that weird moment when June plunges into winter weather, again.
  • Weather! Y u no work proper!