various stills from cable TV commercials from 2000

Last December I was going to do another liveblog of an old tape of Christmas specials, but I got lazy and gave up. But here are some of the screenshots I took while I was watching it, because why not.

Hobo. Stay classy, Budget Car Sales.

Diamond Cellar

that silly commercial where the little girl leaves cheese for Santa instead of cookies and so gets extravagant gifts

behold, the "it's still the '90s" editing technique of copy-pasting the same minivan image over and over (they all turn to face the one driving down the "aisle")

electric toothbrush on glass teeth, this is funny to me for some reason

that Coca-Cola commercial that played "What Christmas Means To Me" by Stevie Wonder and had preteens kissing

back when photos were something that required film

more Hobo

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    haha Fox Family

ºoº
  • Fox Family!
  • oh shit, mindlink
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus and I now have recordings of:
    • Their last 25 Days of Christmas under The Family Channel name (1997)
    • Their last 25 Days of Christmas under the Fox Family name (2000)
    • Their last 25 Days of Christmas under the ABC Family name (2015)
    ...so you can bet when Freeform gets ready to rebrand again, I'll be there with a VHS tape! :P
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    That Coke commercial: I know Christmas is the second most romantic time of the year and all, but um where are your parents
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    *pulls out a tape from 1987* NOW we'll see what nostalgia really is
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    lee4hmz said:

That Coke commercial: I know Christmas is the second most romantic time of the year and all, but um where are your parents

I do like that you immediately remembered the Coke commercial from the one screenshot

I guess they did use it for a few years but still

*pulls out a tape from 1987* NOW we'll see what nostalgia really is

I have a tape from 1985

also are you gonna post the sathers ad
    The Sathers ad was actually from the other tape, heh.

But it deserves a repost!

I knew it was it's just that it was relevant

I should rip it and throw it up on my old Dailymotion account