Well, if he was, he's not anymore.

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    dazed and confused for so long it's not true
    KA-BOOMP
    ...does this 11 foot 8 bridge get a lot of crashes or what
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

...does this 11 foot 8 bridge get a lot of crashes or what

Yeah. There's an automated warning system that flashes if a vehicle is too tall, but people ignore it.

Most of the crashes seem to be people who rented a moving truck or similar and are completely oblivious to its height.
  • kill living beings
    Forget the bridge, did they seriously back through an intersection? Twice? I hope they got arrested.
  • Where is this legendary bridge of crashes located?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Forget the bridge, did they seriously back through an intersection? Twice? I hope they got arrested.

Well, I mean, they should have paid attention to the "ONE WAY" and "OVERHEIGHT WHEN FLASHING" signs, but once they're in that situation I can't think of anything else for them to do but back up.

Where is this legendary bridge of crashes located?

Durham, North Carolina
  • kill living beings
    The second time, yeah
    I don't know if you caught it, but the first time they turned the wrong way down a one-way street, into oncoming traffic.
  • kill living beings
    I did not.

All their own fuckups though. Dangerous lack of awareness.
    I'm certainly not arguing with that.
  • I don't know if you caught it, but the first time they turned the wrong way down a one-way street, into oncoming traffic.

Oh lord, no, I missed that. -obligatory Picard facepalm here-
    Yeah, like, it's all pretty indefensible. I was just saying I don't think the backing up is the most egregious part, because once they fucked up badly enough to get into that situation, that was the only way out.
    So not only does it show the "OVERHEIGHT MUST TURN" message, but it changes the light to red to stop the overheight vehicle from going through.

In theory.

In reality, people just ignore it like they always have:

• kill living beings
    idontknowwhatyouexpected.jpg

at the truck driver, at the civil authorities, who knows
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Stay fearful of hungry bridges.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-10-11 06:20:31
    Am I the only one who noticed some asshole running the red at 0:27 in the OP?

Like, along with all the wtfery going on.
    Bee said:

Am I the only one who noticed some asshole running the red at 0:27 in the OP?

Like, along with all the wtfery going on.
    The traffic signals weren't active yet when that video was taken

Traffic from the right had the right-of-way and the other street had stop signs