Why isn't there an ESPN for books?

It should exist

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    How would that work?
  • edited 2016-06-06 10:59:17
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    You would have many hours of talking heads jabbering on about books
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
     There are CSPAN panels like this, and at least a couple of YouTube channels.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    not profitable

too highbrow

rednecks won't watch

etc.
    I should at least hope that they don't talk about books like so many commentators seem to talk about sports, in any case...
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    hashtag hot take on jonathan franzen
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

There are CSPAN panels like this, and at least a couple of YouTube channels.

C-SPAN2's Book TV seems to focus entirely on non-fiction, what are those YouTube channels like?
    I dunno. I haven't seen that many of them but I know they exist in that nebulous way that one does.

NPR has a lot of interviews with authors and discussions of fiction and non-fiction but that's radio.
    Calica said:

hashtag hot take on jonathan franzen

"Can't write women."
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I feel like TV commentary about books would be best watched on a 15-year-old CRT.

Screw this HDTV crap! :P
    Agreed. Public access on CRT in glorious not-Technicolor.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Has anyone ever actually read Jonathan Franzen?
    I actually got that impression from listening to people who have.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    At least he's not Robert Anton Wilson
    hey now, Illuminatus! was a pretty fun one.

I feel like TV commentary about books would be best watched on a 15-year-old CRT.

Screw this HDTV crap! :P

Agreed. Public access on CRT in glorious not-Technicolor.

You're telling me you don't want books discussed behind desks on garish sets built for high definition television?
  • I should at least hope that they don't talk about books like so many commentators seem to talk about sports, in any case...

John The Commentor, While Flipping The Pages Of A Book: AND THERE HE GOES! HE'S GONNA SLAY THE DRAGON! HE COULD! GO! ALL! THE! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Jane said:

I should at least hope that they don't talk about books like so many commentators seem to talk about sports, in any case...

John The Commentor, While Flipping The Pages Of A Book: AND THERE HE GOES! HE'S GONNA SLAY THE DRAGON! HE COULD! GO! ALL! THE! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
    actually now i kinda DO want this
    do we really want the Chris Berman of books?
  • kill living beings
    i can't stand watching educational video anymore. chomsky foucault cage match, a video lecture, it doesn't work. i sleep. some people like it but not me
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

not profitable

too highbrow

rednecks won't watch

etc.

A-HEM, this redneck would totally watch.
    You are not a redneck.

Reptiles by definition cannot be rednecks.

You are not a redneck.

Reptiles by definition cannot be rednecks.

Don't discriminate against animals by what kind of animals they are! Did you learn nothing from Zootopia?
    I haven't seen it
    Zootopia only has mammals in it anyways

But still!