Best thing about the Olympics?

edited 2016-05-27 12:16:57 in General
They're not until August but I have to ask this now, because I am jealous of the IOC and I want my own mini-Olympics and hope they aren't just a weak imitation.

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    People competing to be the very best at what they do, the sheer athleticism.

That and the whole international aspect, the sense of all these people from all these countries coming together for one big event (i guess a mini-Olympics could achieve something similar by giving each state a chance to showcase itself?)
  • attractive athletes doing awesome things
  • I thought it was jokes about the hosting country digging its own grave and the Olympic village being drowned in condoms
  • I was going to say hazmats, but I like exaggeration.
  • Bee said:

I was going to say hazmats, but I like exaggeration.

Should have said understatement; would have been funnier.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Tachyon said:

People competing to be the very best at what they do, the sheer athleticism.

That and the whole international aspect, the sense of all these people from all these countries coming together for one big event (i guess a mini-Olympics could achieve something similar by giving each state a chance to showcase itself?)
    That would mean 50 teams, which would have to be narrowed down by event.

I thought it was jokes about the hosting country digging its own grave and the Olympic village being drowned in condoms

would my own mini-Olympics need a village?
    Goddammit. These mini-Olympics are going to be incredibly expensive, and half the reason they exist is to boost American morale without great taxpayer burden.
    I cannot possibly hold these every year.
  • So hold it every Olympic bye year?
    I wanted to hold the inaugural event in Denver in 2018, because doing odd years means I'm tempted to shoot for next year which is, given the size and scope of the event, unfeasible
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Why does a fantasy have to be feasible?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    MetaFour said:

I've asked him this so many times that I can't even be bothered anymroe
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    A certain degree of verisimilitude seems to be a requirement for Anonus' fantasies.

It's just a fact
    MetaFour said:

I don't know

It seems like more fun that way, on some level