thought experiment

imagine me, but with a bag of chips

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ok i'm picturing it

now what?
  • that's the whole thought experiment

I'm just kinda hungry, and wish that I had grabbed myself some chips earlier...
  • kill living beings
    unfalsifiable
  • I receive my fried or baked potato/corn products via divine inspiration, by which I mean the noted croess-dresser arrives from beyond the pale of death to.give me snack foods
  • this is how I gain all of my knowledge and material possessions
  • edited 2016-05-21 05:24:21

dead drag queens and or notable 20th century countercultural figures show up in my dreams and give me crap

either that or someone e who is ambiguously either Cerise or Crystal gives me two possessed Magic the Gathering cards

stupid fucking dreams
  • kill living beings
    does crystal even play magic the gathering

this is so unrealistic
  • my dreams are bad
  • kill living beings
    I dunno, the part about free food seems solid
  • all I remember about my dream last night is that thing with ambiguously Cerise or Crystal giving me the magic cards and also falling sideways very quickly

I woke up at 4 in the morning a sweaty mess, so it was pretty scary presumably
  • you know what my favorite kind of chips is?

lays low sodium
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Not yet, anyway. I like that it's between me and Cerise, though, for some reason.
  • kill living beings
    well you're both similar in that, uh, uh, you use a compute
  • it was a girl avatar and the name started with C

one thing that is interesting about my dreams: they transition between the internet and real life seamlessly

like, I can be wondering about something in a dream, so I check wikipedia about it, but I never like open or look at a computer or anything

you know what my favorite kind of chips is?

lays low sodium

i wonder if those are the same as Walkers Lights
  • (*Google's*)

it's possible?
    they are quite nice
    also!  i get the seamless-transition-between-online-and-offline thing in dreams

like i'll be talking to someone online and then we'll interact in person, and they will look like their avatar

a similar thing happens with watching TV or playing video games in dreams, where i will interact with the characters or become them

also vehicles, i will be in a car, and then i'll be on foot without having left the car
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

also!  i get the seamless-transition-between-online-and-offline thing in dreams

like i'll be talking to someone online and then we'll interact in person, and they will look like their avatar

a similar thing happens with watching TV or playing video games in dreams, where i will interact with the characters or become them

also vehicles, i will be in a car, and then i'll be on foot without having left the car

i definitely get these things

also i can go between my IRL self and my princess persona seamlessly too
  • I never get interact with internet people irl in dreams, I interact with them online without the internet

it's like my subconscious has a good deal of "using the internet" imprinted into it, but it doesn't know how that actually works
    It's been so long since I've been really lucid in a dream that I've kind of forgotten the details, which is sad. Never mind that the more consistent aspects of my dreams are... tone? Or something? I'm not sure how to describe it, bah.
  • I definitely get the "transitioning into a medium" thing, I have bunches of dreams where I like, see some thing on a TV or a screen, or I think of something, and then that digresses and becomes the dream
  • I can't think of any lucid dream I've ever had
  • edited 2016-05-21 13:30:28

you know what my favorite kind of chips is?

lays low sodium

my mom buys these because healthier or whatever but I actually do like them better than the regular plain lays also
  • edited 2016-05-21 15:18:58
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Crystal said:

It's been so long since I've been really lucid in a dream that I've kind of forgotten the details, which is sad. Never mind that the more consistent aspects of my dreams are... tone? Or something? I'm not sure how to describe it, bah.

Actually I just had an RPG-esque dream that transitioned between the technological and "real" quite seamlessly, so that amuses me. Why, some (all?) of the RPG area was even just an really expansive playground with tech junk, and you could see the former laid over the latter if you messed with stuff (I did not), which was not dissimilar to how levels end in Kid Chameleon. So that's funny.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Kid Chameleon is basically the holodeck from Star Trek TNG.

I dreamed I was walking up a waterfall. Dreams are weird, yo.

Kid Chameleon is basically the holodeck from Star Trek TNG.

Yeah it's great.
    It needs a save feature or password or something, though. jeez
    I mostly disagree, since I adored that aspect of it... but, yeah, working in some sort of function like that could help. At least emulators have savestates, hah.
    true