sorting the horse cartoon's main characters by what kind of cartoon horse they are

PLAIN:
image image

FLAPPY:
image image

POINTY:
image image

NON-TRADITIONAL:

Tagged:

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    there is nothing plain about Applejack.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Applejack
    Butterface 
    Fluffernutter 
    Whimsybottom 
    Bonanza Jellybean 
    Pewdiepie 
    Dave
    The Smooze
    Whiskyjack
    Whinny Houston
    Dave 2
    Nuckelavee
    Davecontrolive
    Wuffles
    Snuffles
    Sleepy
    Dopey
    Blitzen
    Steven
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Odradek said:

Snuffles
    here, Snuffles, have a horse bis-kit
  • Odradek said:

Applejack

Butterface 
    Fluffernutter 
    Whimsybottom 
    Bonanza Jellybean 
    Pewdiepie 
    Dave
    The Smooze
    Whiskyjack
    Whinny Houston
    Dave 2
    Nuckelavee
    Davecontrolive
    Wuffles
    Snuffles
    Sleepy
    Dopey
    Blitzen
    Steven
    > Not 'AND STEVEN'
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

wait, who?
  • she's Aquafresh, added in season 10 to promote dental hygiene
    good messages for the kids

this gets the Ash Upquark stamp of approval
    and to think, there i was worried it'd be some hamfisted parable about communism or something
  • we but not merely be aware of Stalin's Dank Communist Horse Memes, we must also act against them
  • wait is the toothpaste horse an actual communist
  • kill living beings
    don't underestimate water fluoridation you crypto dentist fucks
    ^^ according to google reverse image search, basically yes
  • kill living beings
    Starlight Glimmer first appears in the season five premiere as the founder and leader of a mysterious village in which every resident has given up his or her cutie mark.

As the leader of this village, Starlight has the philosophy that "true friendship" comes from being equal—no more or less talented than another—and that having special talents of any kind only leads to disharmony. To this end, Starlight uses a magical artifact called the Staff of Sameness to remove her followers' cutie marks and replace them with equal signs.
    my god, this fucker is contaminating my jaw
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yes, that's Starlight Glimmer, the pony who ran a communist cult in an unnamed town in the mountains in the far reaches of Equestria.

Later on, she used time travel to destroy Equestria several times over.

She's a protagonist now.
  • things I've missed out on in horse world:

* twilight hit peak Mary Sue

* toothpaste communism horse?

* apparently they spent an episode heavily implying Lyra and Bon-bon are a thing

sounds more interesting than when I.left that land, never to return
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Oh. Oh dear.
  • It was, like, three minutes of an episode spent heavily implying Lyra/Bonbon

It also had Bonbon turning out to be a special agent for the crown who went underground as part of a witness protection sort of thing
  • Yes, that's Starlight Glimmer, the pony who ran a communist cult in an unnamed town in the mountains in the far reaches of Equestria.

She's a protagonist now.

It was, like, three minutes of an episode spend heavily implying Lyra/Bonbon

It also had Bonbon turning out to be a special agent for the crown who went underground as part of a witness protection sort of thing
    wow horse land really has kicked it up a notch or five
  • kill living beings
    in the season twelve finale twilight lightbringer is forced to shoot applebottom

Yes, that's Starlight Glimmer, the pony who ran a communist cult in an unnamed town in the mountains in the far reaches of Equestria.

She's a protagonist now.

YES
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This thread was more amusing than I expected
  • edited 2016-05-21 13:46:00
    For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Toothpaste horse's dystopian village wasn't a terribly accurate portrayal of communism, because it was really more of a cult and an homage to "Harrison Bergeron".
    well like within Marxist theory the erasure of individual difference and discouragement of exercising one's skills would normally be considered a form of alienation from one's labour, i would think

but i think it's what people in the West typically regard communism to be

i wouldn't expect communists to consider Harrison Bergeron an accurate representation of their ideals, but it's clearly a work of satire
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Hello, I am the only kid in my class who admires Comrade Lenin and Chairman Mao. If you're one of the few teenagers who DOESN'T think counterrevolutionary propaganda like Animal Farm disproves Marx, reblog this post.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

Hello, I am the only kid in my class who admires Comrade Lenin and Chairman Mao. If you're one of the few teenagers who DOESN'T think counterrevolutionary propaganda like Animal Farm disproves Marx, reblog this post.

I'll reblog YOUR FACE, communist scum!  To my good friend Senator Joseph "Joestar" McCarthy!

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    You've gone too far now, tarnishing the good Joestar name.

Calls upon The Censorship Pigeons
  • MetaFour said:

Toothpaste horse's dystopian village wasn't a terribly accurate portrayal of communism, because it was really more of a cult and an homage to "Harrison Bergeron".

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed watching that episode after seeing her season 6 episodes where she talked about her evil past enslaving ponies. The brainwashing was pretty creepy, but I just sort of assumed she was making them all work in the pony mines or whatever after taking their talents.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

She's a protagonist now.

No MLP got better

Season 3 was boring as fuck but still
  • Shark jump or not, one can't deny that some of those twists are kind of ridiculous.

Though I've never watched ponies in a legit manner so I'm not really sure if I have the right to say so.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    If you think those twists are ridiculous, then you should know that the premiere of the most recent season didn't even have an antagonist.

Instead, they were thrown into jeopardy by a baby's scream. Yes, really.
  • a situation any single parent can relate to
  • Also, they apparently have a Pony Hall of Justice now.
    Yeah, they blew up the library and replaced it with a castle in which that is one of the room

The castle doesn't even look like a train station either >:/
    blew up the library? FUck this shit
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    They can't kill any characters in this show, but they can make the audience just as upset by destroying a character's home.

If you think those twists are ridiculous, then you should know that the premiere of the most recent season didn't even have an antagonist.

Instead, they were thrown into jeopardy by a baby's scream. Yes, really.
    "Local baby ruins everything."
    bump for memories of a better time in my life

there is nothing plain about Applejack.

Meetup 5!
    Anonus said:

Meetup 5!
    :3
  • The shark-jumping thing with Twilight's ascension was pretty overstated.  S4 was pretty good, and the later half of S5 was some of the strongest writing they've had.
    but is it the next Gravity Falls?

but is it the next Gravity Falls?

I thought GF was the next MLP
    GF wasn't really anything like MLP though
    no but the bros wanted to make it into a Huge Thing like MLP, IIRC
    How often is "the next X" actually like X, even?
  • There's fanart shipping Twilight with Dipper, so close enough I guess?
    that was what the refrance