Which NBC logo is your favorite?

Unlike CBS and ABC, NBC has changed their logo a million times through the years. Which one do you like best?

Mine's the "Snake." It looks cold in isolation but in use it's great. (Trawl through this Tumblr for some examples!) And it's easy to reproduce, even by hand!

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Honestly I feel like the chimes are a more iconic part of NBC's branding than their logo can ever be, at this point.

That said, the Snake probably looks best in motion:

• I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Definitely this one. 

The flat colours appeal to me, as does how clean it looks. They're also just desaturated enough that they're not *too* in-your-face. 

I do not much care for the "3D" versions of this logo with shading and gradients very much. 
  • I like the 30s one with the lightning
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

no contest
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I like the 30s one with the lightning

the power goes in, the signal comes out

no contest

it seems very you
  • I agree with Centie on the whole thing with the chimes being the network's strongest lasting branding element. Like, there’s no way in hell any American with a basic understanding of television wouldn't think of them upon hearing that sequence of notes in any other musical context.

As far as the logos go, though...

Definitely this one. 

The flat colours appeal to me, as does how clean it looks. They're also just desaturated enough that they're not *too* in-your-face. 

I do not much care for the "3D" versions of this logo with shading and gradients very much. 
    Yep, the modern one. I am boring and we know this, but like it or not there's a reason it's lasted as long as it has, and that's versatility. They can effectively render this thing any number of ways and the viewer will still understand the idea of it being a peacock without much trouble. That can't always be said about the other versions of the peacock, which were clearly built with larger display sizes in mind and clearly would suffer if used as a DOG.

I wouldn't like it nearly as much if it didn't have the work of Capacity on its side, however:

Still as fresh today as it was in 2009. I'm disappointed that they dropped a bunch of it in favor of their current look, which is honestly so nondescript I couldn't tell you what NBC looks like.
    NBC seems to have long periods of having, effectively, no unified on-air look. I'm pretty sure they spent most of the '90s and the 2000s not having one. Just mish-mashes.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aw man this is really cool

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I actually really like the Proud N (1979-1986), if only because that's what was current when I was teeny-tiny, and I saw a lot of it over summer vacation.
    The Proud Peacock (minus the N) would be preferable to the current one, in a way, if only it didn't shrink so poorly.

I don't know, when I was that age, I had a hard time seeing the current logo as a bird...
    this is kinda cute

Thought: peacocks spread out their feathers like that to attract a mate.

So basically, for over half a century, NBC has been advertising itself as a horny birb.
    Only for color programming at first, it wasn't until 1979 that a peacock became their primary logo