SMILE!

edited 2012-02-20 18:11:50 in General
Tagged:

Comments

• Smile, Damnit, Smile
  • edited 2012-02-20 11:00:30
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I love how Pinkie's solution to AJ not wanting to paint her barn is to paint A HUGE PICTURE OF HER OWN FACE on it
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    AJ used Fluttershy's image to push product back when she had the modeling gig. I imagine a display of an endorsement from a pony as well-loved as Pinkie can't hurt.
  • edited 2012-02-20 11:47:09
    I actually feel like I understand about Pinkie a lot more after that episode. It did a nice job of showing why ponies put up with her...eccentricity, and all the genuine joy she brings.
    From the way she terrorized Cranky after he tried to get her to leave him alone, it seems like it would be in your best interest to just go with it whenever she's acting up. I'm reminded of the time she was chowing down on the food for Celestia's visit, and the Cakes seemed too nervous to try to stop her.
  • Everyone seems to genuinely like her in spite of how...Pinkie she can be, and I think the episode did a good job of showing why.
    Not saying that isn't so. I love my dog and its company, but there are times when it needs to STFU and leave me alone. Giving it cartoon powers wouldn't help in those situations.
  • Yeah, Pinkie obviously annoys even her best friends at times (PICKLE BARREL KUMQUAT) but I felt like the episode did a good job of fleshing out why she's so well-liked even if you occasionally want to throttle her.

Also Pinkie's cartoon powers got even more terrifying in that episode.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    This is the only song from MLP:FiM I like.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I find it kinda sad that this song got saddled on one of my least favorite episodes of the entire series.

Also notice Rarity and Fluttershy show up there only to vanish for the remainder of the episode.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    The episode really bothered me except for the song.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I find it kinda sad that this song got saddled on one of my least favorite episodes of the entire series.
    Was this intentional?
    Partly.
    I don't understand why AU is complaining about how the show is going lately. There have been some mediocre episodes in the show's history, but those aren't the ones he's picking in my opinion.

I don't want to look like that guy that doesn't understand that people can have different tastes and uses amateur psycho-analysis to explain why people express opinions they can't really be having, but I have a hard time not wondering if there's something else going on that's keeping you from enjoying it.
  • edited 2012-02-20 21:51:42
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I don't think that's fair.  The show has changed a fair bit.  In particular, the focus on the characters has shifted.

I don't agree that the show isn't going so well at the moment, but I can sympathise because there was a point at the start of season 2 when I didn't feel happy with the way I thought it was going, either.

...and now it's bugging me at just at the point where the song is at its best, there's that sudden truck driver gear change.  WHY
  • edited 2012-02-20 21:53:53
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'll admit I feel a bit weird because I still think of AU and I as SUPER PONY OBSESSED BEST BUDDIES but he seems to dislike the direction the show has headed and I don't.

Twilight, stop that.

What's with that attitude? It isn't like you.
    Well I do feel kind of burnt-out lately, but I don't think that's impacting my enjoyment of the show.
  • Smile, Damnit, Smile

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I found that song completely overrated
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-02-20 22:23:48
    ^^ That's because you're a SOULLESS MONSTER with no SOUL.
    That's already been established.

Seriously, though, it bored me.
  • FIRING ORBITAL FRIENDSHIP CANNON
    Do your worst. I'm immune
  • edited 2012-02-20 22:32:17
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    And as such Imipolex B was born (the B is for "Brony"!), as the original Imipolex was immune.
    Big Brony is watching you
  • edited 2012-02-20 22:40:18
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...and that put "Wake Up (It's 1984)" in my head.

Seamus will be happy to know this.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    I can't stop humming the smile song lol