The Official Podcast thread

2»

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Analyze Phish: Harris Wittels(writer on Parks and Recreation, as well as the Sarah Silverman Program) loves the band Phish. His friend Scott Aukerman(Writer and actor on Mr. Show and Comedy Bang Bang) does not like the band Phish. Join them on their journey through the cosmos as Harris tries to show Scott what's special about his favorite band via vaguely disastrous trips to Phish concerts, really bad covers of songs Scott likes, and songs about being in a farmhouse.

NOTE: Harris passed away of a drug overdose in 2015, which casts something of a pall over the proceedings, but I do think it's still an interesting and funny tour through both music and friendship.

Expounded Universe: Jef and Jon of System Mastery fame take a trip through the infamous now non-canon Star Wars expanded universe. Join them as they read bizarre excerpts from Wookiepedia, go off on tangents about Chewbacca's probably engineering degree, and try to comprehend how anyone thought the character of Prince Xizor was a good idea.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Alzabo Soup: Two guys, Phil and Metz, do a close read of the works of several high-quality works of speculative fiction, with a noticeable emphasis on the output of Gene Wolfe. It's a fun companion if you're looking to read one of his books and need a guide, and they're most of the way through the first book in the Book of the New Sun series

Beyond Yacht Rock: The guys behind the hit internet show Yacht Rock try to coin the names of new genres by counting down the top ten examples of their new made-up genres. Come for JD Ryznar finding ever more excuses to put All I Want For Christmas Is You on his lists, stay for Hollywood Steve subjecting everyone to every hard rock song containing an organ or harpsichord ever.

Womp It Up! With Marissa Wompler: High school student Marissa Wompler(Jessica St. Clair), who refuses to be brought down by the fact that she subsists mostly on Digiorno Pizzas and lives in a closet under her parent's stairs hosts her senior podcast project with her teacher/spirit guide/surrogate mother/surrogate father/mentor Charlotte Listler(Lennon Parham), a former sniper with a shady past who might or might not be able to teleport. Join them as they explore life, love, and cream cheese with a host of special guests from Marina Del Rey High

NOTE: This is a spinoff of a couple of recurring characters from Comedy Bang Bang, and there's some continuity, but I think they do a good enough job summarizing what the audience needs to know for a viewer who starts on this podcast to not get lost.