a list of modern relationships (that i have personally experienced)

feel free to add to this. give me your overly specific relationships
  • person you refer to as "my friend" when telling a story about them that is in fact someone you've never interacted with, but like if you ever did you guys would totally be friends, so what's the difference?
  • that one friend that "hates everyone" or is a general asshole but you're the exception, and you feel kinda guilty because they can be a huge jerk to other people sometimes, but you also like feeling special
  • that one person you're in friendship limbo with and you kinda wanna call them your friend but there's a possibility they just consider you an aquaintance and that'll be awkward
  • friend's significant other that you don't mesh well with but don't outright dislike so it's just kind of awkward
  • friend's significant other that you're pretty sure has a crush on you but they haven't made a move so you can't say anything (this doesn't overlap with the previous bullet-point)
  • really cool friend of a friend that you've never actually interacted with but you've seen their facebook posts and they post a lot of stuff that you agree with and you guys would totally be friends if given the chance but there is a high chance they don't even know you exist and messaging a stranger on facebook is weird
  • person you would like to be friends with and you think would like to be friends with you but no one ever makes the first move
  • person you don't know that well but you had a dream about them and you feel kinda weird about it
  • that cat you see in someone's window that you coo over but ultimately cannot do anything more with because you are separated by a barrier of glass and also it would probably run away from you anyway even if it was outside

Comments

• that one person you're in friendship limbo with and you kinda wanna call them your friend but there's a possibility they just consider you an aquaintance and that'll be awkward

Twitter dot com slash NorthernlionLP.

But anyway I can't think of any actually. I tend to just call everyone "my buddy" which is like the regional shorthand for a person you know and don't dislike. It can mean anything from acquaintanceship to "we've known each other since 2nd grade and have never been apart for more than a week or two".
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    up to "girl i am deeply in love with and plan on moving in with"?
  • I have probably described Cherry as "my buddy" to someone so yeah.

~gal pals~
  • Epitome said:

person you would like to be friends with and you think would like to be friends with you but no one ever makes the first move

this is me and, like, everyone
  • i can relate to a bunch of these. especially that last one, although people in my neighborhood tend to let their cats out. 

i watched a supermoon with a neighbor's cat on the sidewalk once. i was going to keep walking to find somewhere better to watch it from, but then the cat just kept running in front of my feet and then laying down. it was like the nonviolent resistance version of other cats clawing at you when you stop petting them
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    Haven said:

i can relate to a bunch of these. especially that last one, although people in my neighborhood tend to let their cats out. 

i watched a supermoon with a neighbor's cat on the sidewalk once. i was going to keep walking to find somewhere better to watch it from, but then the cat just kept running in front of my feet and then laying down. it was like the nonviolent resistance version of other cats clawing at you when you stop petting them
    that is amazing and you were blessed that night

friendly cats are the best and i want to steal all of them
  • my old neighbourhood had a couple of friendly cats but all the ones in my new neighbourhood run away from me :(
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I've had a couple of friends