Help Jane Recover From $75 Worth of Bank Debt By Buying Her Albums 2016

edited 2016-08-13 17:51:38 in Talk
Hi.

You may remember this thread from when I went to visit Cerise in Chicago. Now it's back because I need a new laptop battery, which judging by some googling I did, will run me anywhere from $50-$120. I don't have any money right now at all. There is literally 63 cents in my PayPal account, so the situation is a bit dire. In addition to needing my laptop for literally any kind of socializing I hope to do with any of you, I also need it for job-hunting, making music, and a variety of other tasks, so I really can't afford to lose it.

But, you can help!

I don't have a GoFundMe or a similar donation page (though if people really want me to set one up I could? I don't see an advantage to it though), but I do have a Bandcamp, and supporting me on Bandcamp is super super simple. Most of my recent discog is Pay What You Want. You can download it for free (and if you're broke, that actually does help, just not as much, it contributes to my metrics) but can choose to essentially donate money if you like. You can put in any amount (though if you're paying there's a $1 minimum) and I get a fairly substantial portion of anything you pay, Bandcamp, and the US Government, both take a small cut, but not as much as many comparable sites.

So to be completely honest with you, here are what I think are some of my best records, and why I think you should buy them.

• The Magic Planet Series (Vol. 1 & 2, Vol. 3 & 4) - Do you like rap beats? There are lots of them here. Envisioned as a freewheeling collection of vignettes similar to Madlib's Beat Konducta volumes, The Magic Planet tapes are some of the purest hip-hop I've put to tape.
  • Rare Planets - More of the above. I kinda hate the cover for this one but it's a good record. I should give it a new cover one of these days.
  • Record 11 - Probably my best album as an album. Dark and smoky and heavy music, if you buy any one of my albums it should probably be this one. Recommended for fans of DJ Shadow and trip-hop acts. Likewise if you wanna show anyone my music, start here.
  • The Haunted Tropics - This is my most recent one, and it is beach-themed. I like the beach.
Some new ones have come out since then, the most notable being

OK, marketing BS aside if you could buy any of these--even just a few dollars helps immensely--I'd be so, so grateful. If you can't, show your friends!

-pJ

Comments