I just can't.

Comments

• if it happens

will you

have been trumped
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    yes :(
  • I can't handle a presidency under pretty much any of them

okay, that's a lie, I wouldn't necessarily hate life forever if Hillary won (the outcome I think has the highest chance of actually happening) or Bernie (the one I'd most prefer, blindly ableist comments aside) but as a whole I'm just kind of checked out with everything right now because I'm tired of it all already and I know it's going to get worse as we get closer to November
  • it's awful because I can't meaningfully affect the outcome of this process on my own and am still compelled to care about it because if Trump wins I am probably going to be beaten and killed if I ever come out of the closet

"that's alarmist"

I'm sure some of the Jews saying that they really shouldn't make Hitler the Chancellor got called that too.
  • kill living beings
    go ahead and be alarmed. i'm pretty alarmed
  • if it happens it will be bad yep
  • brb mentally preparing myself for the inevitable nationwide December (maybe November) riots
    November is when the wheels tend to come off of my mental state anyway, so that'll certainly fit with that
  • I'm pretty sure Trump warrants every bit of alarm.
  • Bee said:

I'm pretty sure Trump warrants every bit of alarm.

and that's the official word from our forum Republican, folks.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    I am seriously wondering whether I should leave the Army if Trump gets elected.

He'll be great for job security, but I'm not sure if I can live with him as my Commander In Chief.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-03-23 16:06:40
    You would have a legal obligation to ignore unlawful orders, and we have current military leaders and a former CIA chief on the record saying they would do so if he became president.

Of course he can still get you into really stupid wars with no exit plan.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Trump is the worst of 'em, but I have to admit that I just don't like anyone currently in the presidential race.

Of course, I lived through eight years of George W. Bush, so I guess I can probably survive any of these wankers.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I'm actually still not sure if Trump or Cruz would be worse.  Trump's entire thing is about being a bully, but Ted Cruz hates us.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Drumpf is a grotty psychopath, but Cruz is, like, actually Capital-E Evil.

There is no good option here.
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    Cruz scares me more, in the way that poisoning scares me more than a firing squad
  • Donald Trump makes a mockery of the democratic process and his continued existence is an international embarrassment

there are worse things in the world than evil
    Ted Cruz is indeed scary, because he has actual policies and they are troubling
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's weird, when Donald Trump first announced his candidacy, I was super confident that Americans couldn't possibly be foolish enough to put him in the White House.

But as he's made it further and further along, my confidence has started to drop.

I feel like Clinton vs. Trump would still end in a Clinton victory, but I'm not willing to bet everything on it like I was last summer.
  • a trump presidency would usher in a new golden era of pop punk
    true
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-03-24 00:59:38
    Trump has even less chance of winning the presidency than an establishment Republican.  He's going to win the primary because he's been able to concentrate the crazies while the halfway sane voters got split by a zerg of empty suits looking for quick PR, but he's driven off so many of his own party in the process that once he's the official candidate too many Republicans won't be able to bear voting for him.  And he terrifies Democrats so much that they'll turn out en masse to vote for literally anyone blue who isn't, like, actually a serial killer just to stop him.

This has been Hillary's race to lose all along, and while she seems to have been trying her hardest to do so, she's going to landslide.
  • I hope you're right.

I wouldn't even consider a Clinton victory a loss at this point. It's status quo, and that's a victory enough in some ways.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-03-24 01:06:16
    It's still a loss.  Like, at least Obama tried to be halfway subtle and waited until he though nobody was looking all the times he decided to be Wall Street's bitch.  Hillary was actively involved in deregulating them in the first place.
  • at this point I am just ok with having a president in office that doesn't actively want me dead.
    how do you know Hillary doesn't want you dead?
  • if she does want me dead it's not categorically, it's for personal reasons

which is understandable honestly, Bill knows I'm out for his blood.