Sanitation Worker Appreciation Thread

Congrats to the people who add at least 5 years to the average lifespan of a human

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    "the word janitor derives from the Roman god Janus, and like Janus, we stand in the place between where exits meet entrances."
  • As a wise tweet once said, "garbage men and pick up artists should switch names".
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    uh

does picking up garbage qualify as an artform?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    let us not forget Garbage Ape
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

What I’m saying to you this morning, my friends, even if it falls your lot to be a street sweeper, go on out and sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures; sweep streets like Handel and Beethoven composed music; sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry... go ahead. Sweep streets so well that all the host of heaven and earth will have to pause and say, "Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well."

• edited 2016-03-21 03:23:30
    I shall always be greatly indebted to those people whose efforts to clean things up make the world a better place.
  • Haven said:

As a wise tweet once said, "garbage men and pick up artists should switch names".

This is true.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i hadn't read that tweet before, and that's genius.
  • Alduin said:

Haven said:

As a wise tweet once said, "garbage men and pick up artists should switch names".

This is true.
    Indeed.