take me back to constantinople

edited 2012-02-18 13:45:36 in General
no, you can't go back to constantinople
Tagged:

Comments

• "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    A fine reason to not run away in the first place, my husband, if you needed another! </Empress Theodora>
  • Been a long time gone, Constantinople

Why did Constantinople get the works?
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Here I come Constantinople here I come Constantinople I am coming Constantinople here I come
    Here I come Constantinople here I come Constantinople I am coming Constantinople here I come

All the leaves are off of the oaken all the sheep have followed the spoken
    Word I'm coming Constantinople here I come

Well I stand out in the open all my friends are with you I'm hoping
    Word I'm coming Constantinople here I come

• The sadness will last forever.
    Istanbul
  • That's nobody's business but the Turks!
    Doot-do-do-do
    ISTANBUL
    ISTANBUL
    ISTANBUL
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    It IS Constantinople if you're a Christian.
  • No it's still Istanbul.

History, bitches. :D

• I'd also be willing to bet that there's no mayor of Constantinople.

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Everything after Byzantium is discontinuity
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Istanbul was Constantinople
    Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

why did constantinople get the works

that's nobody's business but the turks

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    The fact that I'm chuckling like an idiot at that means I am very probably sleep deprived.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I was probably sleep-deprived when I made it, though this was 3 years ago so who knows
    The dancing controller is a metaphor for the abject impossibility of the archtypical "Renaissance Man" in these uncertain times and the abrupt ending symbolizes mankind discovering that.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    SYMBOLOGY~!