Markus "Notch" Persson is a gator

2»

Comments

• kill living beings
    Kexruct said:

Like okay! I'm well aware he is reacting to the pressures of sudden fame! And I'm entirely sympathetic to that regardless. And either way, it's not like I'm going to reblog a Notch call out post or even really say anything about it other than privately. I'm disappointed, not angry. I think that regardless of why he's doing it, he's still (essentially) throwing in with the biggest blight on the game industry and one of the most repugnant things I've had to witness and deal with personally and I'm so, so unhappy about that and I wish things were different.

Is *that* allowed?

sure, of course. i think you may be misinterpreting what the issue we had with your statement was
  • Maybe because I've had the word reactionary slung around me for a while now but no one's actually explained what it means
  • edited 2016-03-08 23:04:15
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Oh it's definitely allowed.

But, honestly? I mean this is just me, but it looks a little bit like getting bogged down in exact accuracy, which mind you is important, just not the be-all. I think "reactionary" is a touch far though we get Kex's point, so saying he's not quite so correct with this thing despite the larger picture not being so off feels... odd, as I read it?

It's basically like or actually being being ultraconservative, Kex.
  • edited 2016-03-08 23:08:15
    kill living beings
    it means someone who reacts to progressive movements in society by great conservatism, in a political context, and in the additional context of being an internet person additionally implies being a real sort of dickhead associated with milo ygreekname, moldbug, et al.

a mnemonic: "Men React To Universal Suffrage"
  • See, "great conservativism," that "great" qualifier is odd to me because I've always seen the term as applying just in general to people who adopt regressive views as a reaction to progressivism challenging their viewpoints and as a means of suppressing guilt

In which case it definitely applies to GG and people in the GG bubble
  • can we just let Kexruct be mildly upset in peace
  • kill living beings
    Kexruct said:

See, "great conservativism," that "great" qualifier is odd to me because I've always seen the term as applying just in general to people who adopt regressive views as a reaction to progressivism challenging their viewpoints and as a means of suppressing guilt

I would call gg reactionary but what I was getting at is that notch acting like gg for some whatever thing I said I the last page would just be shittiness with no political component
  • edited 2016-03-09 03:22:11
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Jane said:

can we just let Kexruct be mildly upset in peace

I don't think you heapers can let anyone be upset in peace.
  • kill living beings
    conflating badnesses is bad
  • Badness Everdine, the problematic girl on fire!
  • Aliroz said:

Jane said:

can we just let Kexruct be mildly upset in peace

I don't think you heapers can let anyone be upset in peace.
    we are people on the internet

upsetness? that shall be responded to with other reactions!
  • edited 2016-03-09 05:31:15
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Kexruct said:

See, "great conservativism," that "great" qualifier is odd to me because I've always seen the term as applying just in general to people who adopt regressive views as a reaction to progressivism challenging their viewpoints and as a means of suppressing guilt

"Reactionary" means, in a nutshell, exhibiting exceedingly traditionalist and/or elitist socioeconomic views in response to the sort of progress that expands the sort of rights and liberties that previously would have been a privilege. One may be reactionary in some ways and not others—take Drumpf and his supporters' flexibility on economics versus their xenophobia, sexism and race-baiting—but generally it implies avidly anti-progressive views on things like minority rights and class specifically, with the sort of pro-patrician economics that would fit that worldview more often than not.
  • reactionary is like

/pol/
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yeah.

Hating people for taking away one's ability to feel privileged and special within society, as an ideology.