Wander Over Yonder

It's ending soon, motivating me to watch it after ages of putting it off.

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Still haven't watched much of it, but: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/craig-mccracken-confirms-wander-over-yonder-finished-137583.html

Why does Alex Hirsch get to make his masterpiece (which got jerked around in its own way by the constant lengthy hiatuses), but the veteran Craig McCracken can't? This is probably the best era in Disney Television Animation's entire history and it feels like they're wasting it.
  • Yeah, it feels like the late 2000s-2010s are gonna be remembered as a golden age of Western animation.
  • edited 2016-03-08 20:18:00
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    not just that, but Disney TVA too

This is the second time in Disney TVA's three-decade history that they've actually been interested in doing things that suggest they're interested in actually competing (despite them raising production quality greatly in the mid-to-late '80s). The One Saturday Morning era was the other and this is already better than that. It feels like they kind of pissed that away, and will piss this one away too. I can't remember the last time I heard them announce an animated TV series that wasn't based on an existing property. Pickle & Peanut?

(I remember most of the products of Disney's The Series kick in the '90s and early 2000s being pretty average shows - I like the 101 Dalmatians one but that's about it)
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    This DuckTales promo image still has me in awe, honestly, as long as we're talking about Disney TVA.
  • ^ ... I don't know if I'm excited for that or not.
  • kill living beings
    they should adapt the story where scrooge starts a war with teddy roosevelt
  • edited 2016-03-08 20:26:57
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I really hope New DuckTales is more entertaining than the original. I really do not care for most of the TDA shows...

I do wonder what's going to happen, with GF over and WOY about to end, if Disney TVA will continue to show an interest in more ambitious original IP. It remains to be seen how Star vs. the Forces of Evil develops - I think that show got off to a fairly uneven start, but it gets an A- from me and it has promise. I mean if Disney TVA wants to go all-in on The Series again I'm sure they'll love barely being in the conversation just like they used to be...at least Nickelodeon won't be a threat for as long as Viacom still owns it.