Fantasy Marching Band

http://www.fantasymarching.com/

Like fantasy football, but... musical. 

Suddenly imagining a world where marching band was bigger than American Football. I mean, to be fair, drum corps is pretty ridick, but still. 

Comments

• I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I am just impressed that someone is trying to make fantasy marching band exist
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    what is the appeal of marching band

I never got it
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    More sarrusophones.

That is all.

More sarrusophones.

That is all.
    oh god no

that being said, I wish my university had one of these just so I could fuck around with it

I never got it

It's visually stunning, highly athletic (at the drum corps level, anyway), fun, and musically interesting? 
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I guess it could be. Not really my kind of music, but.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I never got it

marching bands are fucking boss

as a hat-tip to my family's archnemesis and Centie's alma mater-to-be I have to allude to this:

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

More sarrusophones.

That is all.
    oh god no

that being said, I wish my university had one of these just so I could fuck around with it
    They have an interesting timbre, but I can understand being wary of including them in numbers.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Being the sousaphone player who dots the i in Script Ohio is kind of a big deal here, too.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-02-25 09:07:27
    Marching band is one of those things that if you're in a small shitty one you have a small shitty experience, but in a big awesome one suddenly it's the most amazing thing ever.

I might be spoiled because the one I was in during college was one of the best ones in the country short of pro-level stuff like DCI.  And the Cascades and Blue Devils liked to recruit out of us.

Also when we went to the Vegas Bowl, the Blue Man Group gave us all free tickets to their show because they're all drum corps.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I have never ever seen a marching band ever.

I don't think anyone has enough people.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    My old girlfriend was a drummer for her school's marching band. She scored some DCI tickets and brought me along.

I was somewhat disappointed that the DCI show didn't have a halftime show featuring a short football game.

But seriously, it was cool.