LGR

edited 2016-02-10 00:34:57 in General Media
I made a thread for this man and his Youtube videos because I know at least Centy and I watch him and that is enough for me.
Tagged:

Comments

• Nobody bops me and lives to tell about it!
    I keep meaning to watch more of his videos >_>
  • “His thoughts were red thoughts, and his teeth were white.”
    I do, too, and I think Crystal as well? I like the Oddware segments.
  • into the rainbow vein
    I like basically all of it

I know so much useless junk about old DOS games now, it's great.
  • Screaming something to you

I do, too, and I think Crystal as well? I like the Oddware segments.

Yep, been following him for some months. He's great all-around.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    I watched his A-Train review and it was neat
    I actually have that game. It's cool.
  • “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
    I like the Oddware videos, and his videos about old PC hardware, like that time he bought a zillion IBM PS/2 machines for 300 bucks: 

Anonus said:

Did you watch the one I linked you the other day?
  • If she spins fast enough then maybe the broken pieces of her heart will stay together, but even a gyroscope can't spin forever.
    Anonus said:

Same. >_>
  • she sounds like smoke and honey. we cannot move. it's too beautiful
    I watch and recommend him as well

this shit is amazing
    It is.
  • into the rainbow vein
    corner computers
  • I had an IBM PS/2 once

true story
  • edited 2016-02-10 02:34:21
    Screaming something to you
    I really like when he collabs with others, namely PushingUpRoses, whom I consider similarly charming and engaging. Recommend them both.

They work well with each other, especially as concerns crappy games like the above, or this House cash-in.

I also always watch his Oddware and Tech Tales videos, alongside practically all of the reviews (even The Sims which I care jack-all for, but man is he nice to listen to).
    >Olsen Twins

*huffs, puffs, pants*

NO
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!

I actually have that game. It's cool.

I've never gotten the hang of it and I really should revisit it

• edited 2016-02-10 02:37:22
    They're so cringe-worthy and awkward though! I really like them at least.
  • I watch his Sims reviews.

Holy shit, they are entertaining to watch.
  • He aims his pistol at the sky--
    ^ yeah, that's how i learned about him too

lgr's pretty great
  • Especially his reaction to insane amount of stuff packs for The Sims 4

Poor Ralph...
  • TreTre
    Still Pants-less After Five Years ⌘
    I'm watching those Mary-Kate and Ashley videos and oh my god I love them both already.

also

I want to buy one of these and build a modern computer inside.
    Tre said:

I'm watching those Mary-Kate and Ashley videos and oh my god I love them both already. 

Yay! I really like Sarah.
  • “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
    His enthusiasm is infectious.

Like, look at how genuinely he laughs when he picks up the empty Hot Wheels computer case.
  • into the rainbow vein

I really like the banana bit in this episode
  • into the rainbow vein
    I don't even understand it it's just really funny
  • TreTre

oh my god
    HE RESTORED THE CRAPPY HOT WHEELS PC FROM 1999

It's wonderfully cheesy
  • it is!
  • TreTre
    I want to get one just to do that same tricking-out he mentioned that he would do if he could get his hands on another one

it'd be hella
    An original ad for the Hot Wheels and Barbie PCs

Those suckers sold for US$599 in 1999, which WA's inflation calculator tells me is roughly $885 in 2016 dollars. I kinda feel sorry for anyone who bought one expecting a decent computer, but then again we're talking about the kind of people who had enough disposable income to buy their kid her own PC in 1999 anyways, so. :P
    Gosh I love those advertisements so much.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    oh wow, a Celeron 333

I think I still have a 686-class machine of that vintage around here someplace (the Compaq lappy)
  • TreTre
    oh my god, his website is top notch

i'll admit i was a bit confused at first because DOS was before my time but I figured it out and wow
  • Are there any other good vintage game/computing vintage channels?
    PushingUpRoses collaborates with him from time-to-time so she's not a bad choice. Pixelmusement is more focused in that regard, though. By the way, I also recommend Pixelmusement. I'm pretty sure I've shared at least a bit of him with Centie.
  • into the rainbow vein

introduced LGR to the /r/HHH Slack group.
    He has burgers on his ears. Also I am loving the Nuclear Throne box art. Gimmicky stuff like this is so fun.
  • into the rainbow vein
    ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers ear burgers 
    I hope he covers Treasure Galaxy soon. I mean, I see no reason why he wouldn't cover it.
  • TreTre

CLINT BOUT TO DROP THE HOTTEST MIXTAPE OF 2016 🔥🔥🔥
  • edited 2016-05-16 16:24:29
    Oh my gosh, yes.

So sad it costs $60. Uuugh.
    Have you ever wanted to watch LGR build a 1994-style computer using only vintage parts he had lying around? Well today's your lucky day!

The unicorn that had never before played Pokemon.
    Yay a new Thrifts.
  • edited 2016-09-08 20:41:59
    Hope will exist in a problematic relationship with reason
    basically what I've gotten out of this is that Goodwills in other states can be quite pricey
  • into the rainbow vein
    Goodwills in every state can be quite pricey. It depends on what you're buying and whether or not the pricing people know what they're doing.
  • He's kind of hot. That's just my weird taste, though.