#justhoustonthings

I remember Jane made a thread like this a while back, so I was like 'sure, why not.'
  • Your city is so big that driving from one part to another can take two hours
  • Seriously, just divide it into multiple cities, please.
  • Not wanting to go anywhere around 5 pm because the traffic is terrible and Houston drivers are TERRIFYING 
  • Apparently we call 'frontage roads' 'feeder roads' and people make a big deal about that 
  • Do you live in an apartment complex? Expect to have at least one neighbor that raps loudly. 
  • Most restaurants are staffed mostly by Hispanic people no matter what type of food
  • Except for Cajun restaurants, which for some reason are staffed by entirely an Asian staff
  • Being incredibly confused by debates about 'forced diversity' in media
  • Living in one of the biggest cities in America where absolutely NOTHING happens
  • Except for the Rodeo, where at least one person dies at the carnival every year JESUS CHRIST SOMEONE FIX THESE RIDES ALREADY
  • People make a big deal about Homecoming mums and Whataburger (but not at the same time)
  • Being confused that kolaches apparently aren't a wide spread thing?? Please someone tell me you live in a place where kolaches exist 
  • A large population of Houston is chubby/fat in some form yet everyone's still fatphobic as fuck seriously how does this even work
  • Also like every other girl is gay in some way? This isn't even like a my friend group thing I just hear girls talk about being bisexual all the time
  • There are restaurants EVERYWHERE, but Houston's never featured in any food travelling shows like Austin is (probably cause we're not gentrified enough #ohburn)
  • It's depressingly easy to forget we even have NASA because no one talks about it
  • Honestly, the only thing Houstonians are proud of is Beyonce. 
anyway, this is just my personal experience. houston is so expansive that someone living in a different part could have a totally different experience and be unable to relate to this whatsoever.
 anyway tell me if you relate to any of this or if i live on a completely alien planet compared to you. feel free to ask any questiooons

Comments