why are all the critical videos about The Elder Scrolls about how Morrowind was the best one

edited 2016-01-27 15:18:13 in General Media
We get it you don't like fast travel

Comments

• Morrowind is a great game with some very obvious flaws.
  • My most recent replay was one of the most viscerally upsetting experiences I've ever had with a game just because of how many interesting cool things it was trying that were /buried/ under some of the most egregiously tedious and inaccessible design I've ever seen
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Kexruct said:

We get it you don't like fast travel

Grognards.

Same reason the Goon Fallout Litany exists
  • Kexruct said:

My most recent replay was one of the most viscerally upsetting experiences I've ever had with a game just because of how many interesting cool things it was trying that were /buried/ under some of the most egregiously tedious and inaccessible design I've ever seen

um

i do not mean to state the obvious but

perhaps you should play a game you enjoy instead?
    Jane said:

Kexruct said:

My most recent replay was one of the most viscerally upsetting experiences I've ever had with a game just because of how many interesting cool things it was trying that were /buried/ under some of the most egregiously tedious and inaccessible design I've ever seen

um

i do not mean to state the obvious but

perhaps you should play a game you enjoy instead?
    Come on, haven't you ever struggled with the bad parts of a game to get to the good parts?
  • Yes but that is not what I got out of that post.
  • Well, that was what I was doing. I guess you could also consider it an, uh, academic thing, not that I've ever gotten around to writing any of those big video game thinkpieces I've wanted to write.

I also played it like over two years ago.
  • don't write thinkpieces those suck

write cool things instead.
  • I guess I'll use the word "essay" instead idk
  • edited 2016-01-27 15:44:14
    My dreams exceed my real life
    We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, the maker of heaven and earth, of things visible and invisible.
    And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the begotten of God the Father, the Only-begotten, that is of the essence of the Father.
    God of God, Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten and not made; of the very same nature of the Father, by Whom all things came into being, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible.
    Who for us humanity and for our salvation came down from heaven, was incarnate, was made human, was born perfectly of the holy virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit.
    By whom He took body, soul, and mind, and everything that is in man, truly and not in semblance.
    He suffered, was crucified, was buried, rose again on the third day, ascended into heaven with the same body, [and] sat at the right hand of the Father.
    He is to come with the same body and with the glory of the Father, to judge the living and the dead; of His kingdom there is no end.
    We believe in the Holy Spirit, in the uncreated and the perfect; Who spoke through the Law, prophets, and Gospels; Who came down upon the Jordan, preached through the apostles, and lived in the saints.
    We believe also in only One, Universal, Apostolic, and [Holy] Church; in one baptism in repentance, for the remission, and forgiveness of sins; and in the resurrection of the dead, in the everlasting judgement of souls and bodies, and the Kingdom of Heaven and in the everlasting life.
    We believe that for every given aspect of Fallout 3, we may truly say that it was done right in Fallout 1 and 2, done better in Fallout 4, and done perfectly in Fallout New Vegas.
    Amen.
  • The Council of Nicaea are casuels, there's no way they would write that
  • Kexruct said:

I guess I'll use the word "essay" instead idk

essays can be cool so yis
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-01-27 18:13:26
    Maybe the people shilling Morrowind just really, really liked levitation.  Or ludicrous uncapped intelligence.
    Remember that time I trolled a guy on TvTropes by pretending to hate Fallout New Vegas

That was fun
  • Was that guy I Yellalot?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    a shining example of the top-notch moderation we have come to expect from "Bobby G from England"
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    it's ok, i'm only a little bitter about this
    tbf, people were defending icycalm, and thus, deserved it.
  • kill living beings
    "This argument would perhaps hold a drop of water if it were supported by reality." is pretty good.

"This argument would perhaps hold a drop of water if it were supported by reality." is pretty good.

You didn't see my epic trolls because I got scared and deleted them.