Yuggoth 2016

edited 2016-01-21 08:28:34 in General
So:
>Here is an article on Planet X. The gist of it is that some prominent astronomers have worked out that the perihelions (where they are when they're closest to the sun) and ecliptic angles (i.e. how far off they are from the imaginary flat plane most of the planets more or less orbit in) of a few "detached objects" are extremely unlikely (0.007%) to occur forever by chance, and that these things would be accounted for if there was another planet, about ten earth masses, orbiting the sun very distantly (seven times farther away than Neptune, at closest approach).

The "some prominent astronomers" are some guy I don't know and Mike Brown, who discovered Eris and essentially killed Pluto-as-planet thereby.

There's no direct evidence of anything as yet.
>Tachyon said it would only make it worse.

I do wonder what they'd call a new planet. I don't think there are any procedures, unlike pretty much every other kind of astronomical body.

Oh and I forgot to explain what a "detached object" is. I hadn't heard of this before, it's cool. It means stuff that orbits so far out that it's basically unaffected by any of the planets. Way past the Kuiper belt. Cool Shit.
>So you're saying it's Yuggoth.

Holy shit, Lovecraft made anime real.
>can neither confirm nor deny fungal UFOs at this time

wow if this planet does exist we should totally call it yuggoth

Bring on the flying saucers full of mushroom moth mutants.

Comments

• Once a great power, little remained of Atropus but a decaying, disembodied head the size of a small moon, apparently made of black stone, heavily cratered, and covered with foul amniotic fluid. It was barren and rocky, roughly spherical and with mountainous ridges, deep trenches, and sharp spikes upthrusting from the ground. Noxious tar bubbled up from the craters. Glossy black stones, each 40 miles in diameter, formed its eyes. The atropals—stillborn gods—were said to be cast-off detritus from Atropus's substance. Undead conjured from nightmares also inhabited the world, and the master of them all was a headless, alien humanoid that was the focus of Atropus's incomprehensible intellect.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    stillborn gods
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Once a great power, little remained of Atropus but a decaying, disembodied head the size of a small moon, apparently made of black stone, heavily cratered, and covered with foul amniotic fluid. It was barren and rocky, roughly spherical and with mountainous ridges, deep trenches, and sharp spikes upthrusting from the ground. Noxious tar bubbled up from the craters. Glossy black stones, each 40 miles in diameter, formed its eyes. The atropals—stillborn gods—were said to be cast-off detritus from Atropus's substance. Undead conjured from nightmares also inhabited the world, and the master of them all was a headless, alien humanoid that was the focus of Atropus's incomprehensible intellect.

Knew it was a D&D thing.

Atropals were in the D&D Epic Level Handbook.
  • edited 2016-01-21 22:35:33
    kill living beings
    Oh, damn, I forgot there's already a huge feature on Pluto called the Cthulhu Regio. Unofficial though.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    WAY DOOOOOOOOOOOOWN BELOW THE OCEAN
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    There is water, at the bottom of the ocean!