Worldbuilding: Centralia's Largest Toy Store.

Because I thought it would be fun if we talked this one out together.

What should Centralia's biggest toy store be like? What should it be called? Is it in a fancy modern building or an old-fashioned city building? What kind of special toys should we have?

There are no wrong answers!

I'll start: There's an incredibly elaborate model railway that twists and turns around the store, with several little trains going at any given time.

Comments

• I have lived a full life, even though I remember little of it.
    they sell every video game console ever.
  • There should be rail - oh. Anyway there should also be a certain number of small, small magical trains that are hidden randomly throughout the store. They're not like "Collect Seven Get 50% Off Next Purchases" but just something special and fun, for the kids to the professional sleuths.

I am also not sure what you mean by special toys? Like, Centralian-themed ones? Definitely dolls of the Princesses, and dollhouses representing what the Palace looked like at various points throughout their reign (e.g. Jeanette and a set of 3 and a set of 4, Alice 16, so on).

Also, perhaps a blend of styles? One thing you could do is have the more absurd toys come from absurd looking sections, although that's somewhat something stores already do, just much more thorough.
  • edited 2015-11-30 03:28:10
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    A shifting Prince(ss) Anonus doll?
  • The moonlight is the message of love.
    These are all good ideas.

Basically by "special toys" I just mean anything out of the ordinary. Something you wouldn't expect to be able to pick up at your average toy store in real life.

I'm trying to give everybody a fair amount of leeway to be creative because I want to see what people besides myself can come up with.
  • I have lived a full life, even though I remember little of it.
    they should sell imicow plushies
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-12-16 18:44:47
    DISRUPT THE SYSTEM ⌘
    All of the Tiny and Big merch a nerd could possibly want.

All of it!
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    There should be a life sized dollhouse/palace type thing filled with giant gaudy pink plastic furniture. During Halloween time it can transform into a spooky-cute haunted mansion and during holiday season it can turn into a ~winter wonderland~
  • “His thoughts were red thoughts, and his teeth were white.”
    Toys and baubles from strange and mysterious lands, like troupes of small, soft dancing creatures from obscure myths, and levitating bubble-like spheres that can be rearranged to perform seemingly innumerable melodies with resonant hums.