The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    KMOX ABC 4 St. Louis, Missouri
  • sugar daddy spam 

only on 
    • Body is required.
    tumblr
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Puella Magi Imicow Magica
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    why did i watch that
    because Mami
    I always kind of imagined Butterscotch Sweets's magical girl outfit looking kind of like Mami's

Probably because the name "Butterscotch" implies a yellow theme
  • edited 2020-10-06 20:04:23
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    RIP
  • edited 2020-10-08 01:27:41
    Me, learning about things relevant to my homework:  ME AM DUMB BRAIN CANNOT LEARN HATE THIS PLEASE GIVE A.

Me, learning about the battle of Agincourt:  So, you see, Jean Le Meingre had been a knight since before many at Agincourt (including the Duke of Gloucester) had even been born, and the Duke Jean I D'Alencon was nicnamed "the Sage" for his great learning and wisdom.  Additionally, Charles d'Aubret was essentially commander-in-chief-of-the-royal-army-of-France.  Le Meingre, D'Alencon, and d'Aubret all advise caution, and yet the French Princes go for boldness.  At least Henry V had the good sense to not ignore the advice of those older and/or wiser than himself.
    "the French Princes" I read this as "the Fresh Princes"
  • Real tempted to literally just make my Halloween username “Robot”

simplicity
    wat
    Sometimes I remember that my smartphone has an FM tuner in it and I think that's kind of funny

I suppose it makes sense if you're stranded somewhere with no mobile phone service or wifi and you need to listen for information in an emergency
  • I wonder if my phone has an FM tuner
    sometimes I remember that radio stations still exist
    I sometimes listen to FM radio in the car when I'm too lazy to pull up Spotify on my phone
  • I regularly listen to NPR in the car.

But so that means how much I listen to it depends on how much I drive.

I haven't been driving as much lately.
    I've talked about this before, but my car stereo has AM/FM radio, CD player, cassette player, and Sirius XM capability...but no AUX jack or other easy way to get audio out of a modern smartphone.

When my sister wants to play music from her iPhone over my car stereo, she plugs the Lightning-to-headphone jack adapter into the phone, then plugs the headphone jack adapter into the cassette adapter so we can listen through the tape player. It's very silly. Almost Strong Bad-esque.

sometimes I remember that radio stations still exist

iHeartMedia crying in the distance
    well sorry

I mean, I have a flash drive with like 200 stoner metal albums on it, I don't really feel any need for radio
    Out of curiosity, how much disk space does like 200 stoner metal albums occupy?
    gonna depend on the encoding quality and whatever but it's around 25GB or so
  • I've talked about this before, but my car stereo has AM/FM radio, CD player, cassette player, and Sirius XM capability...but no AUX jack or other easy way to get audio out of a modern smartphone.

When my sister wants to play music from her iPhone over my car stereo, she plugs the Lightning-to-headphone jack adapter into the phone, then plugs the headphone jack adapter into the cassette adapter so we can listen through the tape player. It's very silly. Almost Strong Bad-esque.
     I bought a USB-C ethernet/regular-USB/other stuff hub

one of the sockets is HDMI

I tried plugging the hub's USB-C into a phone and plugging in an HDMI cable from a TV into the hub

i was disappointed that nothing happened

i mean, it oughta push the phone's screen image to the TV, IMO
    It's probably designed to work with a PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port.
    I have a 2015 MacBook Air that has a Thunderbolt 2 port, which I use with a Mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter to get it to use my second monitor when I'm using it instead of my HP laptop
  • it doesn't have a Thunderbolt plug though
    Thunderbolt 3 uses a USB-C connector
    The ancient Babylonians would inscribe curses on their survey monuments to dissuade people from disturbing them.

Nowadays we just threaten people with jail for screwing with survey markers.
  • I curse you to suffer the jail of no return!
  • the history of society is a history of regression

gonna depend on the encoding quality and whatever but it's around 25GB or so

double checked this, actually only about 17.5 GB

yntkt
    Cool.

You know what's kind of funny? The flash drives I have on hand are 16 GB and 32 GB...which seemed like a lot of storage when I bought them years ago, but nowadays seems like barely anything.

Maybe I should buy a higher-capacity one.
    Also, my sleep patterns are all out of whack again.

Yesterday I got up at 9:30 AM and went to sleep at 11:30 PM

Then today I woke up at 3:30 AM because my body had decided I'd had enough sleep

I've been awake ever since, so I fully expect to crash at some point in the day
    Puella Magi Squidward Magica
    You can't just keep saying that all your problems in life are Kyubey's fault, Imicow
    well I *can* keep saying it, even if it isn't true
  • also kyubey doesn't cause the problems but he makes them worse
  • i thought of the heap for rthe first time in a while and thought, i woder how everyone is doing. so how is, everyoe. my n key is very temperametal sorry
  • Oh its halloween. i do not know who anyone is!!
  • apart from imi who is idetifiable
    i haven't changed my name yet